The Norfolk Admirals have announced that the Lightning have traded defenseman Dan Jancevski to Dallas in exchange for minor league right winger Junior Lessard. In addition, the Admirals have acquired center Paul Szczechura from the Stars' AHL affiliate, the Iowa Stars, for future considerations.
Lessard, a 27 year old 6'0" 200 lbs forward, has 10 goals and 21 points in 36 games this season with 15 penalty minutes. His career season came in 2005-2006 with Iowa of the AHL when he had 26 goals and 58 points in 66 games.
Szczechura, a 22 year old 5'11" 190 lbs center, has 2 goals and 5 points in 29 games this season. Last year, as an ATO after graduating from Western Michigan, he had 3 goals and 7 points in 14 games. In his senior season in college, Szczechura had 19 goals and 45 points in 37 games.
Norfolk has also announced that they have recalled right wing Marek Kvapil from Mississippi of the ECHL and reassigned left wing/defenseman Mike Egener to Mississippi. Egener has missed 33 games this season with injuries.
The Mississippi Sea Wolves picked up their lunch buckets and battled out a shootout win over the South Carolina Stingrays Tuesday to extend their season best win streak to five games. Ryan Munce improved to 9-2 on the season with the Wolves stopping 25 shots in regulation and overtime, and four more in the shootout to earn Third Star honors. It is Munce's fifth straight victory. Marek Kvapil had a goal and an assist and scored one of Mississippi's two shootout markers enroute to earning Second Star honors. Kvapil was credited with the game's first goal when a faulty pass from a South Carolina player ricocheted off the skate of Stingrays goalie Josh Johnson and past him to give the Wolves an early 1-0 lead.
- Sea Wolves extends win streak to four games
- Ryan Munce pitches a 36 save 1-0 shutout on the road against Gwinnett earning Second Star honors
- Munce makes 36 saves against Trenton in a Sunday night 2-1 home OT victory earning Third Star honors
- Marek Kvapil recorded the primary assist on both of Mississippi's goals against Trenton
- Sea Wolves start 2008 with two straight home victories
- [url=/ryan-munce]Ryan Munce[/url] makes 45 saves against the Everblades enroute to victory and [b]First Star[/b] honors on New Years Day
- [url=/marek-kvapil]Marek Kvapil[/url] scores the game-winner on his return to action on New Years Day earning [b]Third Star[/b] honors
- [url=/ryan-munce]Ryan Munce[/url] makes 29 saves against the Devils enroute to victory and [b]Second Star[/b] honors on Friday night
- Cunti continues hot start
- Sea Wolves score 5 against ECHL's best