The Mississauga, Ontario native was 4-0-0 with a shutout, a goals-against average of 0.99 and a save percentage of .973 to help the Sea Wolves have their longest winning streak of the season and close the gap on Charlotte (13-13-4), which has a one-point lead on Mississippi (13-19-3).
- Sea Wolves extends win streak to four games
- Ryan Munce pitches a 36 save 1-0 shutout on the road against Gwinnett earning Second Star honors
- Munce makes 36 saves against Trenton in a Sunday night 2-1 home OT victory earning Third Star honors
- Marek Kvapil recorded the primary assist on both of Mississippi's goals against Trenton
- Sea Wolves start 2008 with two straight home victories
- [url=/ryan-munce]Ryan Munce[/url] makes 45 saves against the Everblades enroute to victory and [b]First Star[/b] honors on New Years Day
- [url=/marek-kvapil]Marek Kvapil[/url] scores the game-winner on his return to action on New Years Day earning [b]Third Star[/b] honors
- [url=/ryan-munce]Ryan Munce[/url] makes 29 saves against the Devils enroute to victory and [b]Second Star[/b] honors on Friday night
In an anticipated move related to the reassignment of goaltender Marc Denis from the Tampa Bay Lightning to the Norfolk Admirals, the Admirals announced today that goaltender Ryan Munce has been reassigned from Norfolk to Mississippi of the ECHL.
Ryan Munce was spectacular Sunday in a 39 save shutout of the Pensacola Ice Pilots earning *First Star* honors and securing a split for the Wolves in the two-game weekend road trip down I-10 to Pensacola. Mississippi won Sunday's match by a score of 1-0 after dropping a heartbreak OT loss to the Pilots Friday night 4-3. Mississippi's 1st goal Friday night was a tally banged home by Norfolk fav Brett Angel after a Stan Lascek wrap-around attempt.
Ryan Munce made 35 saves but the Mississippi offense was stymied by Augusta as the Wolves were shutout 3-0 by the Lynx.
Struggling blueliner Andy Rogers makes a statement of his own last night in his Mississippi debut by tallying a power play blast from the point at 10:32 of the third period. Rogers' marker gave the Wolves their first lead of the game as the team battled back from a 3-0 1st period deficit to win their second consecutive road game. Zbynek Hrdel began Mississippi's comeback scoring the Wolves first goal at 14:34 of the first period.
The Sea Wolves peppered the Inferno with a season-high 45 shots, including 5 from Rogers.
The Sea Wolves split a pair games on the road this weekend in Augusta and Charlotte, picking up the team's first road win of the season.
Radek Smolenak picks up the game-winner in the win against Charlotte on Saturday night as Ryan Munce stops 26 enroute to the victory. Brandon Elliott racked up fightning majors in back-to-back games giving three FMs in the three games, and Stan Lascek picked up a marker in Friday night's loss in Augusta.
Sea Wolves winning streak ends as the Stingrays of South Carolina score three unanswered goals in the 3rd period. Radek Smolenak notches a marker while firing a team-high 7 shots, Brandon Elliott went toe-to-toe with Grant McNeill, and Ryan Munce stopped 50 shots while getting tough defending his crease in a penalty-filled third penalty.