Today... I think I've managed to finalize the user roles and permissions for the BP community. I also got the hourly cron job installed so that Drupal time-based events and triggers will be executed. Finally, I got the site locked down against non-friendly web crawlers per Nic Ivy's recommendations from http://njivy.org/node/677.
Next up to the plate are:
- Getting a handle on the taxonomy of the site
- Getting the forums up and running
- Testing the user permissions using some fictious role-based users
- Installation/configuration of the following plug-in modules: Attached Node, bookmarks, captcha, CSV-filter, Feedback, Glossary, Image, Image Filter, Image Assist, Notify, Print Friendly Pages, Quote, Title, Urlfilter, userposts