BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Send a message via AIM to Sean

No interest in bringing Downie back whatsoever. Tampa doesn't need much, especially with Stamkos likely set to come back for the stretch. Maybe a defensively strong vet forward that can be had for a mid pick or a lower tier prospect.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

What do you all think about Alex Chiasson? Looks like an ideal power forward pick up, and we would be buying low.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
What do you all think about Alex Chiasson? Looks like an ideal power forward pick up, and we would be buying low.
I wouldn't mind getting a guy that's 6'4 like Chiasson but I think at this point any guy that will be acquired will be a veteran and Chiasson isn't that. The biggest need is size with experience or even just someone that is a grinding 3/4 line guy that has postseason experience.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
The Constrictor

McKenzie says the Oilers will be trying to trade Ryan Smyth. He only makes a little over 2 mil and would be a good vet pick up.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM

When Stamkos comes back we probably send down Panik or waive Pyatt. I don't know anymore if there is a direct need for a forward. We haven't played with 12 forwards in a couple of months and it seems like we have a decent stable of forwards already. The only real concern would be if the front office thinks that Brown and Kucherov are ready for NHL level playoffs. I'm not sold that they are but if management feels they are then I don't see any moves up front.

Palat/Stamkos/St.Louis
Purcell/Filppulla/Killorn
Brown/Johnson/Kucherov
Malone/Thompson/Crombeen
Panik

Maybe not and ideal roster to battle a bigger team like Boston or Rangers but the experience is the key this year, then try to win it all next year.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Cooper's Law

Gotta say, Malone on the 4th line has been a great Malone. Seems to have found a scoring touch, hits, gets in front of the net.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
When Stamkos comes back we probably send down Panik or waive Pyatt. I don't know anymore if there is a direct need for a forward. We haven't played with 12 forwards in a couple of months and it seems like we have a decent stable of forwards already. The only real concern would be if the front office thinks that Brown and Kucherov are ready for NHL level playoffs. I'm not sold that they are but if management feels they are then I don't see any moves up front.

Palat/Stamkos/St.Louis
Purcell/Filppulla/Killorn
Brown/Johnson/Kucherov
Malone/Thompson/Crombeen
Panik

Maybe not and ideal roster to battle a bigger team like Boston or Rangers but the experience is the key this year, then try to win it all next year.
These are probably the lines that we end up seeing. Gotta fit Panik somewhere though.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
These are probably the lines that we end up seeing. Gotta fit Panik somewhere though.
I figure it as depending on opponent. If we face someone like a Detroit in the playoffs then the need for Crombeen becomes not as much of a necessity. If and it's probably a big if at this point that we do end up trading for a defensemen I wouldn't be surprised if Panik is part of the trade. Or after saying all that, I wouldn't be shocked if Panik heads to Syracuse in the near future. The team seems to keep hoping that he'll get on a run soon but he just doesn't seem to have confidence out there like he had in the AHL.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default 4 line

I would keep Panik up because one of those guys will get hurt on the 4line and Panik has shown chemistry with those guys. I hope that slotting him there becomes a waste and that he realizes his skill set. We need Panik to play physical and score goals, maybe he starts to get into that mindset with time on the 4th line.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

everyone is sooo quick to cut Panik.... . just give him some time.

I don't think you split up Johnson and Palat. They have been sensational and I think whatever you do.... you find a way to keep them on a line together.

Killorn/Stamkos/St.Louis
Purcell/Filppulla/Brown
Palat/Johnson/Kucherov
Malone/Thompson/Crombeen <--- $7.5 Million 4th Line
Panik

I dont know. I don't see us making any trades for a post season push player. Let's just hope the injury bug has ended by playoff time.