BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:38 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Default I fear anyone focused upon looked bad

I thought Sustr sucked in the beginning and got worse as the night went on. Gudas was a calming force but did get his bell rung in the corner, could have been a factor later on because his play did decline. Pyatt where were you and who stole your skates? I don't care if Dinger thinks that Purcell has hands as good as anyone in the league, that was Filpula's work that got the goal and Teddy looked like toilet paper skating again. WTF is up with how we are skating as a whole?

Not impressed with Lindback... Expansion draft for him cannot come quick enough. I'd risk him going thru waivers as soon as there is help immediately available to fill that role in the NHL. Nashville deja vu all over and he did not leave with a lot of fans here in Music City. Amazing that I felt lost as soon as the 2nd was over because King Henry looked confident and knew we could not get 2 back on him. The most dangerous lead in hockey held up. Skating, spacing and passing look like we are in the middle of summer on slow ice.

Refs seemed consistent even if they perturb the Chief. Makes the drinking and bitching post game more pleasurable I suspect. I really wanted to be wronged by the striped shirts to explain that game away, but could not convince myself that we just did not have a bad bon voyage game. Road trip could be a great place to find our speed again.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:33 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Refs were as horrible as our D all night, good grief. Despite getting some right we lost count of all the missed calls, the interference, the blatant tripping, etc., etc. Gets old quick, but still the players are the ones who lost the game with the sloppy passing and the leaving the puck sit, thinking someone else will pick it up. WTF is that?

Laugh of the night was Dingman's "Report Card" at intermission...an A for offense, a B for defense? Overall grade of A? With that power play and those 1st and 2nd period shot totals?? LOL The only reason we're even in the same room with conversation about possible playoffs at this point is one guy who's usually the game's 1st star--period. The only thing worthy of an A has been the G

Anyone else not looking forward to this road trip out west?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Cooper's Law

Enough about the refs.

Fact: if the Lightning had played the first and second periods with the same effort and intensity that they displayed in the 3rd, the Lightning would have likely won. There is no one to blame for that game other than the players themselves.

And no, I'm not worried about the west coast swing. They have 2 games that are very winnable and 2 others that should be toss ups. I fully expect 5 points out of the 8.