BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,225
Default

Some absolutely atrocious passing and decision making with the puck tonight. Bishop might have masked a bit of it and kept us within one at least, but we don't have that luxury tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
So a CLEAN shoulder to shoulder hit is a high stick penalty? wow!
He hit him with his stick in the head right in front of me. It was a good call.

All 3 were obvious penalties.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Derek28 Derek28 is offline
Brad Richard's Contract
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,540
Default

I'm kinda confused with what the organization is doing with Panik right now. He either is healthy scratched or plays less than 10 minutes a game. I get the wanting him to learn more but it just seems like it would make more since to send him down to the AHL let him play on a line with Connolly and the returning Namestnikov while playing PP time and 20+ minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Scobo_24's Avatar
Scobo_24 Scobo_24 is offline
Erin Andrews' Real Deal
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
He hit him with his stick in the head right in front of me. It was a good call.

All 3 were obvious penalties.
I disagree. Korobov literally touched the guy and because Nash is Nash; he decides to flop like a dying fish and gets the call.

Cote checked a guy and a part of the stick touched him on the check. It was not a high stick. Might as well put tracking devices on everyone's sticks if they are going to call that. Sticks hit players not every time is a high stick.

Our lack of veteran presence on the blue line is glaring right now. Can't win them all; but definitely dont deserve any points tonight
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:15 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Dan Ellis' Money Problems
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
I disagree. Korobov literally touched the guy and because Nash is Nash; he decides to flop like a dying fish and gets the call.

Cote checked a guy and a part of the stick touched him on the check. It was not a high stick. Might as well put tracking devices on everyone's sticks if they are going to call that. Sticks hit players not every time is a high stick.

Our lack of veteran presence on the blue line is glaring right now. Can't win them all; but definitely dont deserve any points tonight
Um, what? You describe the definition of high sticking and then complain a blatant black or white penalty is called?

Also korborov was a clear hold, Nash is an overrated diver, but thr hold was blatant. Be mad at pyatt and panik for both turning the puck over on easy clears there. The refs have been fine.

Last edited by BurnTHalO; 12-29-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Scobo_24's Avatar
Scobo_24 Scobo_24 is offline
Erin Andrews' Real Deal
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Um, what? You describe the definition of high sticking and then complain a blatant black or white penalty is called?

Also korborov was a clear hold, Nash is an overrated diver, but thr hold was blatant. Be mad at pyatt and panik for both turning the puck over on easy clears there. The refs have been fine.
The stick touched his helmet on the check. Watch checks and over half do te same thing. It was not a "textbook" high stick. Weak.

Korobov was 50/50. Not in any way blaming the refs. Game has been called well. Everyone one of their goals has resulted in stupid turnovers in our own end.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Dan Ellis' Money Problems
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 2,763
Default

Any contact above the shoulders is a penalty except in the process of a shot. Its not weak, its the rule, and it does not happen on most checks. It was unlucky in that usually the stick doesn't hit the head, but it was an easy penalty. Hugh stixking is one of my favorite rules for thay reason, because it is black and white, I know when a high stixk has occured.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Scobo_24's Avatar
Scobo_24 Scobo_24 is offline
Erin Andrews' Real Deal
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Any contact above the shoulders is a penalty except in the process of a shot. Its not weak, its the rule, and it does not happen on most checks. It was unlucky in that usually the stick doesn't hit the head, but it was an easy penalty. Hugh stixking is one of my favorite rules for thay reason, because it is black and white, I know when a high stixk has occured.
I know what the rule is. It is what is called and that one was weak. Agree to disagree... By that logic there was 10+ missed high sticking calls throughout the game. If the play was led with stick hitting him okay call it. But not that. Watch when a player gets checked into the boards more times than not the stick is straight up in the air too. It was a dumb call... Agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Derek28 Derek28 is offline
Brad Richard's Contract
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,540
Default

Same story as yesterday. A crappy first 40 minutes and a good last 20 minutes. That's not good enough to get it done. Would of loved to get more than 1 of 4 points outta these past two games. Hopefully have Brewer and/or Salo back for Wednesday and also hope Malone is back. The lack of size up front is starting to show with are guys being constantly outmuscled.

Also Pyatt needs to get going because since he's came back from injury I honestly haven't even been able to tell he was playing. Panik besides a couple rushes was also invisible tonight. Barberio was better than half the defense tonight and that says enough by itself. Sustr's hit a wall and needs to gain 15lbs of muscle and Gudas has not been great defensively at all the past 4-5 games...I think that about sums it up
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,225
Default

Took too long to adjust to the aggressive forecheck, by then Lundqvist got a groove. At least they made a game of it but that inexperience on the back end got exposed. Then again even the first choice players fade a bit in the face of pressure like that when the Bruins and others like them bring it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.