BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Cooper's Law

Going into the season, this team was not seen as a playoff team by most, including me. But it has done a remarkable job so far - especialy given the Stamkos injury. Much of this improvment has to be attributed to the play of Bishop, mentored by his goalie coach. (Sorry couldn't resist).

If they make the playoffs, there is going to be a learning curve not just for Bishop but for all of the young players on this team. Fortunately, they have 2 years of AHL Playoff experience which should help prepare them for the different and more intense NHL playoff experience.

My point is that it isn't going to just be Bishop's inexperience in the playoffs, it will be most of the team. But let's get there and see how it goes. This team has passed all of their tests to date.

By the way, regarding playoffs - the East is seen as a 2 team race with the Lightning in that second tier with Montreal, Wahington, etc. But I've heard more hockey folks saying that if Stamkos returns at 100%, that the Lightning may be the 3rd elite team in the east.