BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Dirt Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
As crazy as this sounds I wouldn't exactly say Bishop's had a great game but the Red Wings can't finish a goal to save their lives and are getting out worked by are young guys
Half your posts crack me up..

What do you want? He hasn't given up a goal, been out of goal on one play and has made every play he can...lol whatever. Maybe you should have watched last season's games. These "routine" saves weren't so routine

The back checking tonight has been on par. We are picking up the extra man coming into the slot each time. Let's close this out

Last edited by Scobo_24; 12-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I was more or less referencing the play where he mishandled playing the puck that nearly led to a wrap around goal where the net was wide open for the Red Wings player because usually Bishop is so calm with the puck and the Datysuk shot where the net was wide open. Bishop has been really good I wasn't saying that he's been bad.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I didn't think we'd enjoy playing the Red Wings this much, particularly in Detroit! Great 4 point win.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:34 PM

Good to see Killer rewarded with the EN goal. He played a good game tonight.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:39 PM
BP Staff

Bishop's been sharper than he was tonight, but I think the Lightning did a great job limiting Detroit's chances in front of him.

Tonight they pretty much flipped around the script from the New Jersey game, right down to the final score. Think about that the next time the team loses and you feel compelled to Chicken Little and say people need to be demoted/fired/executed in cold blood. When you lose close games, things are never as good or as bad as they feel.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Lindback started yesterday so that Bishop could start today's matinee. At least we have that going for us. It sure would be nice if someone else for the Lightning could maybe step up and be the game's first star for a change, though...maybe it's Nikita's turn, who knows.

If we play the same as we have against them the last two games, we could conceivably make it three wins in a row. Wouldn't THAT be a hoot.
Yes it was a hoot, and guess we'll take Ben being the 1st star...again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
sorry I meant that I love this guy. sorry I'm german :-)
No need to say sorry, you got it exactly right. Kucherov IS the shit. (Kind of a strange expression for a high compliment, isn't it? English is weird like that.) Those moves on the rush with Panik had me out of my chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
1st tj
2nd jt
good one, I hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
Good to see Killer rewarded with the EN goal. He played a good game tonight.
Amazing...so why the delayed penalty call instead of just blowing the whistle immediately for the automatic goal? What's the delay for, if you're just going to award the goal anyway? Goofy.

Speaking of officiating that makes no sense, where the horsefuck were these refs tonight. They let high stick after elbow after slew foot after slew foot go, but call Palat for the famous phantom hook where the guy dives to the ice? Give me a fucking break. Quincey comes up from behind, visibly lifts his skate up off the ice and kicks Purcell in the back of the leg in a classic textbook slew foot, and the guy calls it a trip. Sorry, that's an automatic match penalty, douche nozzle. Then when we were on what should have been a 5-min. PP for that, Johnson gets flagrantly interfered with and dropped to the ice--no call. Sure we end up not needing any extra goals, but still...weak.

Hope Bishop gets over that case of Smitty flu pretty soon, with all the needless dipsy-doodle hotdogging that puck way out in the D zone, then lunging back to flail around desperately like John Grahame having a seizure--like he had no idea he might be needed back in the goal area anytime soon. He got lucky as hell on one of those silly excursions. If they score on that open net, you've let them in the game, and things could've turned ugly in a big hurry. Moral of the story--just play it quick and get the hell back in the net quick....or don't go out to play it at all. Leave the puckhandling demonstrations to the guys with the regular gloves and stick, PLEASE. That said, kudos to him once again for being the best player on the ice for either team, and way to get a shutout in spite of himself.

So we actually just beat Detroit three times in a row...without Steven Stamkos. Aside from the horrendous road trip out west, it looks as if things could get really interesting after he comes back if Bishop stays healthy ::knocks on wood so loud the neighbors complain::
Silver lining of Grubergate scandal: It reveals graphically the hateful contempt harbored by the central authoritarian controllers for even their own supporters. Democrats can disprove Gruber's repeated assertions about their being stupid, but only if they repudiate the "ACA" sham and the criminal fraud that was committed against Democrat voters in order to dupe them into supporting it, and finally join responsible Republicans in killing and burying the thing.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:54 PM

I'm guessing the delayed penalty rules just continue to apply like they would on a normal delayed penalty but yes it doesn't make much sense at all.

Also the lightning have a little dilemma coming up with Dana Tyrell. Tonight was his 7th game and if he plays 10 then he must go back on NHL waivers. I know he cleared the first time early in the year but with all the injuries around the NHL someone might take him if given the chance..I doubt it but it's possible.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Dirt Liner

I wonder if we can just decline powerplays till stamkos is back?

-__-

I guess the only question is... Why isn't kucherov on the pp unit? He gets at least a breakaway a game and accounts for most scoring chances on whatever line he is on.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Anyone see why Marty was so fired up? He was going after their defenseman Andersson I believe.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
I'd love if the bolts put Kuckerov on a line with Stamkos when he comes back. Imagine that playmaking ability with a true sniper on the line. Stammer might score a hat trick a game
Kucherov-Stamkos-Killorn (maybe Purcell)
Palat-Johnson-St. Louis

Where do I sign up?