BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Cooper's Law

So a Swedish Killorn? Sign me up.

Kempe is a strong, bullish forward that has size, strength and a work ethic to match. He can be tenacious on the forecheck and never misses finishing a check. He has a heavy shot and isn't shy to drive towards the net. (August 2013)

-Per EliteProspects by way of Future Considerations
Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Adrian Kempe. MODO. Look him up. Very Killorn-esque player, but a center by trade.
Just looked him up and I was impressed. The thing that stood out the most about one of the scouting reports I read was that he's not afraid to play physically and is responsible defensively. So seems like an all around player which is good to see and maybe drafting him could persuade him to go play for Barrie next year since they drafted him in the import draft.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

How are his hands? Is this a 1st round player or more of a later rounder?
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
How are his hands? Is this a 1st round player or more of a later rounder?
Craig Button has him 6th in his latest ranking but I'm thinking 10-20 range. So yes most likely a first round pick.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Craig Button has him 6th in his latest ranking but I'm thinking 10-20 range. So yes most likely a first round pick.
Word.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:35 PM
BP Staff

Did I mention that the first guy I name at about the midpoint of the season every year as the guy I want typically skyrockets to being a high lottery pick?

Andrew Ladd, for instance, owes me a few fat stacks...
Old 12-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Johnny Shortside

A guy to keep a tab on if you want a big power forward is Nick Ritchie. He is
6'3 and 230lbs. Really reminds me of a young Ryan Malone. He skates well he loves to hit and he can fight well too. Chances are he'll be off the board by time we draft but he's worth a look. A negative too him is when I say a young Ryan Malone I say that because he also has some injury concerns but I don't know that Yzerman minds taking a player with an injury past for example (Conolly,Koekkoek)
Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Resurrecting this thread post-WJCs. Was rather impressed with Ivan Barbashev on the Russian team, as the youngest player on the Russian team. Top line talent for Moncton last year and this season with 99 points so far in 97 Q games played. Can score or pass (ala Kucherov), and is already a 6'0", 181 lbs big LW'er as a just-turned-18 year old.

He was only 1-1-2 in 7 games for the Russian WJC team, but as first-time U20'er he was relegated to playing 3rd line grinder/defensive role, a role he played well and contributed. That IMO bodes well for his future as an NHL'er that he was able to contribute in that role as successfully as he did.

Another interesting thing about Barbashev as a 12/14/1995 birthdate is that, similar to Namestnikov as a December birthday boy, he would be eligible to join the 2015-16 Syracuse roster "a season early" since he'll turn 20 before 12/31/2015.

With Yzerman and Murray's recent penchant for picking all the Russians, wonder if Barbashev is on their radar especially since he is currently ranked 19th in December ISS rankings and it's looking like the Bolts might be picking somewhere around that area this summer.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default How about

In some mocks I am seeing Roland McKeown a defenceman being picked by us, any thoughts?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
In some mocks I am seeing Roland McKeown a defenceman being picked by us, any thoughts?
Right handed Slater Koekkoek, I'd be happy with that pick. Flies like the wind, nice heavy shot, responsible defensively. Scouts have probably seen quite a bit of him since he is on the same team as Ikonen. Jack Glover is another guy I'd be happy with.
Closed Thread