BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Nice no call on the takedown of TJ into the boards.
They let a lot go tonight, I can't complain

I can't say enough about Bishop. Replace him with Sean Burke and we are a sub .500 team
Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Does Flippula wear Mascara?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Dingman giving Flippula shooting tips. Geez that is an excellent guy to take pointers from
Old 12-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Dingman giving Flippula shooting tips. Geez that is an excellent guy to take pointers from
"Just open his legs..."
Old 12-12-2013, 11:04 PM
BP Staff

Team's got to get better capitalizing on power plays and odd man rushes. Good God are they brutal on PP's and odd man rushes right now.

I'd start scheming PP plays to get the puck to Kucherov for looks in the high slot. That's his spot.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Team's got to get better capitalizing on power plays and odd man rushes. Good God are they brutal on PP's and odd man rushes right now.

I'd start scheming PP plays to get the puck to Kucherov for looks in the high slot. That's his spot.
I would pull marty and purcell off the power play. I don't know if they are tired or what, but they stand in the exact same spot and expect to make super low percentage passes to make scoring chances. Whenever they move around (which is like 1/8 the time), they look like a nightmare for the other team. But just like last year, it's like the top guys use the power play to rest. That 4-3 was a complete joke. And I agree, kucherov does what people have been screaming for, he shoots the puck.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I would pull marty and purcell off the power play. I don't know if they are tired or what, but they stand in the exact same spot and expect to make super low percentage passes to make scoring chances. Whenever they move around (which is like 1/8 the time), they look like a nightmare for the other team. But just like last year, it's like the top guys use the power play to rest. That 4-3 was a complete joke. And I agree, kucherov does what people have been screaming for, he shoots the puck.
Amen to that. That OT PP was a great piece of hockey. Percy two turnovers then he played tic tac toe like a before game passing drill for 1:05 seconds of the PP time left. Hell I would prefer #42 out there versus that chunk of junk or even better Kucherov (Kuch is my nickname for him) at least he does something which is breath of fresh air. He shoots the freaking puck. What a concept.

We had 5 PP last night and at least we did not give up a shortie although they did try a couple times.
I don't understand why the team when being pressed and finally get the puck on their stick do one of the following - Throw it backwards, insist on passing it back to the opponent and my favorite is the 'drop pass' to the ice gods.
The game puck goes to King Bishop...... just the way it is and thankful for that.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
Amen to that. That OT PP was a great piece of hockey. Percy two turnovers then he played tic tac toe like a before game passing drill for 1:05 seconds of the PP time left. Hell I would prefer #42 out there versus that chunk of junk or even better Kucherov (Kuch is my nickname for him) at least he does something which is breath of fresh air. He shoots the freaking puck. What a concept.

We had 5 PP last night and at least we did not give up a shortie although they did try a couple times.
I don't understand why the team when being pressed and finally get the puck on their stick do one of the following - Throw it backwards, insist on passing it back to the opponent and my favorite is the 'drop pass' to the ice gods.
The game puck goes to King Bishop...... just the way it is and thankful for that.
You cant blame that on purcell without sticking equal blame on marty.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Dirt Liner

I want to nitpick... so here is my turn

what is our defense doing? end of our powerplay in the last 5 seconds of the 3rd period, they have 1 forward pressing and we have two defense back; and our defense just back skates from the red line all the way back to Bishop and lets the guy get a shot on goal ...why the f would you not play the man. I think it was Gudas, maybe someone else. Step up, thats how you lose BS games.

Kucherov better not get sent down when stammer is back if he keeps this pace. He shoots the puck! His spin-o-rama shot on goal, found the back of the net. Intriguing thought st louis, purcell.... not every offense play needs to be a tick tack toe top 10 highlight. SHOOOOOOT!

They did not play bad; just the little things irk me a bit. Kucherov still playing a strong 2-way game. Good win none the less.

We play a sorry NJ team Saturday coming off a back-to-back from pittsburgh. Better pick up the 2 points.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
I want to nitpick... so here is my turn

... st louis, purcell.... not every offense play needs to be a tick tack toe top 10 highlight. SHOOOOOOT!
If we're pickin'... the thing that just kills me, it's that the sames guys who stand in front of the camara/media and state, "We need a simpler game, shoot the puck, don't over pass" are the sames guys who keep doing this on the ice night after night.

Last edited by Jester47; 12-13-2013 at 12:19 PM.