BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Dirt Liner

This loss hurts. Bigggg time.

Should not have lost to the blue jackets. They made u look like a beer-league pick up team. Probably filppulas worst game; he had many turnovers. Our powerplay skating into each other. Just utter crap.

Not that our powerplay would have made a difference; but wtf are the refs watching? Probably the most missed call i have watched in a game this season.

Bishop and brown were the only ones who came to play. Wake the f up; the loss of stamkos was apparently the backbone of the team.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
Wake the f up; the loss of stamkos was apparently the backbone of the team.
Maybe a bit of a stretch considering they are 4-5-1 since Stammer got hurt (per Mishkin). Also consider half the roster are effectively rookies.

Not a very high compete level on the boards tonight, and you will win exactly no games that you fail to score in. Bummer. Those two points would have been nice to get, especially with a trick shot being the only way to get one past Bishop. Bish deserved better.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Not much good to say about this game so I won't even bother. Next please.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Cooper's Law

What I want to know is why SFY isn't being held accountable for allowing McElhinney to get away?

Damnit Jim, you can't allow these types of personnel decisions to occur without someone losing his job.

Never forget!!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
XO Sniper

Cant win when you cant score a goal.. Stamkos.. you can skate on one leg right?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
I'm almost 100% Positive I just saw Burnthalo with a cute baby on his lap right behind Coach. Almost 100%..

That you buddy?
Yup, we were there. Kind of cool, to start the game when Cooper came out, he gave us a thumbs up, and the baby was trying to pound the glass wherever Cooper was the WHOLE night.

Other than that, pretty boring game.

Interesting to see Filpula pointed out here. Can tell you there were multiple times where Cooper was going over to him to say some things/go over things.

From my spot (tough to see the whole ice), thought (at least for stretches) Sustr looked really bad.

Bowness was getting IRATE in the second period. I mean, he looked like a fan, throwing his arms up at turnovers/dumb plays, storming around.

And hey, baby got to her first game and she had fun. None of the players even looked up or high fived a sole as they walked to the dressing room after the game, but she still had a blast looking around, banging on the glass, etc.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Yup, we were there. Kind of cool, to start the game when Cooper came out, he gave us a thumbs up, and the baby was trying to pound the glass wherever Cooper was the WHOLE night.
Hope you were yelling, "Gasers Tomorrow" through the crack in the glass to Cooper!!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Brewer got hurt during warmups. Seriously hockey gods, how 'bout you let up just a shade?
They've hated us ever since we flew in the face of their dictates, flagrantly violated every one of their foundational principles and won the Cup a decade ago, right under their noses, while they were all rooting for Cal-gary. Oh sure, we've landed some great players since then, but even more heartache....and the injury train has been upgraded from wood-fired steam locomotive to the futuristic magnetic levitation bullet variety. The hockey gods? They...hate...us.

Let's call a shovel a shovel. Filppula is poopy pants. Plays like he's having girlfriend problems. Hedman is getting better in general but somehow missed a wide open, empty net on the late power play. Gotta put those in from there when it's 1-0, period. The team plays with all the urgency of a drunken pickup game after an Xmas eve party. They're sloppy--getting called for too many players testifies to that. Refs suck. And the lone bright shining star...

Of course it's Ben Bishop. He is just ungodly, a true #1 who has gotten a big fat ZERO in support the past two games. Sure he's only allowed four, and the D hasn't been so awful it'll be an undying legend...but how about SOME goal support? Lightning have quietly lost six of their last eight, and slipped way out of first place in the conference--WHILE he's been dazzling the world with spectacular goaltending. He's the team's best player night in and night out, usually the best player on the whole ice. (I give him that 1st star last night as well, screw that fancy-dancy BS goal that never would've happened if three different guys had bothered to, I dunno, clear the zone when they had the puck? Looking at you, Filppula--where's the fricken focus on clearing, after two other guys botched it?)

Horrible outing against the Columbus Blue Jackets. I know they have a Vezina winner, and we're without one of the world's most electrifying players, but we do have Bishop keeping us in games and other players who theoretically could chip in a goal or two now and again to make things interesting. They forwards are certainly fast enough. (One thing the coaching staff might work on with JT Brown is more shooting practice at a hockey net, to familiarize him with what that thing is and what it would feel like to actually cause a puck to go in there. Filppula could show up for that too.)

How do Cooper and Bowness--I mean how does Cooper motivate this lackluster group to get back on top when they weren't motivated to at least demonstrate maximum effort to protect that position?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Teddy TurnOver...The Incredible Invisible Man. What happened to Purcell? Where is he? Obviously with Stamkos out Purcell needs to be on the score sheet more than once a week. Guy is killing me....I wonder if he is a relative of Mr. Whipple?? ( don't squeeze the Charmin). I'm looking for ALOT more from #16, or cut him loose (trade). Pretty tired of the disappearing act..... Rant over. That said, the effort last night was pathetic. Who exactly do we expect to beat waiting for someone else to do the work ?? They better get it fixed quick, or they'll be on the outside looking in very shortly. I've seen this effort on the road for a couple of years now, this monster is very persistent- how about one shift at a time until something changes? Lame, effortless shift? Take a seat and watch for a while. Try that Coop- woulda been a pretty short bench last night.....
Old 12-04-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Teddy TurnOver...The Incredible Invisible Man. What happened to Purcell? Where is he? Obviously with Stamkos out Purcell needs to be on the score sheet more than once a week. Guy is killing me....I wonder if he is a relative of Mr. Whipple?? ( don't squeeze the Charmin). I'm looking for ALOT more from #16, or cut him loose (trade). Pretty tired of the disappearing act..... Rant over. That said, the effort last night was pathetic. Who exactly do we expect to beat waiting for someone else to do the work ?? They better get it fixed quick, or they'll be on the outside looking in very shortly. I've seen this effort on the road for a couple of years now, this monster is very persistent- how about one shift at a time until something changes? Lame, effortless shift? Take a seat and watch for a while. Try that Coop- woulda been a pretty short bench last night.....
Seriously? 0 goals in two games, and it is a single players fault?