BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I can't really complain about Crosby. I think the 2000 draft was the only draft we've ever been royally screwed when we got Svitov instead of Spezza. Nabbing Stamkos/Hedman/Drouin was extremely fortunate. Edmonton, even though they had the top pick three consecutive years, picked the wrong years to suck. Hall/RNH/Yak aren't in the same class.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
At least, that's what the scripture Pierre lent me says.
Please tell me you washed your hands after reading that. Ew.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

That's nine straight. I remember when it was the other way around.

BTW did they change the rule on interference last summer or something? I saw a bunch of that in this game. They almost never call it now. But just flip the puck over the glass or tuck your jersey in, boy...and yer ridin' pine as if you'd blasted some guy knee-to-knee or fed him an elbow sandwich. Makes no sense. Maybe they could take a page from lacrosse and institute one-minute minor penalties...for the not-shit fouls like delay of game, stick too curved, faulty line change, hand pass on a face-off, shirttail tucked in...crap like that. Treating those as equivalent to, say, whacking a guy in the head with the stick or driving him face-first into the wall from four feet away is just goofy.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Discretionary calls versus in-discretionary calls. Not that I am disagreeing with you, but unfortunately that means penalty wise your always left up to the mercy of the refs.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You have 2 types of Pittsburgh fans. 1/2 of them are direct from the current Yankee, Heat mold - they move from team to team based upon whichever team is winning. Hell, the guy behind me in the Cindy sweater didn't even know what state Pittsburgh was in - he thought Pittsburgh was in New Jersey.

The others are transplants that only root for the home team when they are good.

Honestly, other than Cap fans, Pen fans are the most fair weather fans that come to the forum. Before they got Crosby and started winning, there weren't 250 of them at the Forum.

For all those who say that Pittsburgh is a great hockey town - Pittsburgh was closer to losing their team than Tampa ever was.
So true. Die hard fans since 2006!

Pittsburgh's not much more of a hockey town than it is a baseball town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
But then Saint Lemiux rode in on his magic, golden hockey stick and walked on water to the lottery machine and blessed it so Crosby would fall into their laps.

At least, that's what the scripture Pierre lent me says.
I would say you don't know what Pierre's hands might have been doing before he wrote that scripture, but we all do...

Pierre won't tell you that it was Saint Bettman and healthy doses of draft, revenue sharing, and ref welfare that really saved that organ-eye(sore)-zation.

I wish Len Barrie bought the penguins instead of the Bolts. Crosby's pick would have been moved for two minority Bear Mountain investors.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Discretionary calls versus in-discretionary calls. Not that I am disagreeing with you, but unfortunately that means penalty wise your always left up to the mercy of the refs.
Well, as I'm sure you've noticed, essentially you're always at the mercy of the refs. No, I was going more for something like personal fouls (tripping, roughing, slashing, elbowing, boarding, roughing, high-sticking, etc.) still being 2/4/5 min., vs. technical fouls (puck flipped too high, stick too curved, line change too sloppy, shirttail too neat, etc.) being 1 minute.....just to keep some semblance of the priorities being somewhat in order, if only marginally. This IS the NHL, after all, so we can't expect too much to make sense in the officiating arena

Quote:
Hell, the guy behind me in the Cindy sweater didn't even know what state Pittsburgh was in - he thought Pittsburgh was in New Jersey.
That one made me laugh DD--like how did that become known--I picture you turning around to the guy when he's drunkenly cheering the wrong team and asking, "Dude--do you even know what state Pittsburgh is in?" and the guy giving the wrong answer, and then you trying hard not to laugh in his face, so you don't get beer poured down the back of your neck the rest of the game

I mean, he could have gotten away with saying Kansas, but that's some kind of stretc (the h is silent)
Old 11-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Yeah hard to fault the effort there, though I can fault the refs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Holy deadpuck era inteference and water skiing, Penguins #mypissedoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
BTW did they change the rule on interference last summer or something? I saw a bunch of that in this game. They almost never call it now.
I came to post the question, 'Did the play-offs start and I didn't notice? The refs let absolutely every clutch and grab go like it was round 3.'
Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
That one made me laugh DD--like how did that become known--I picture you turning around to the guy when he's drunkenly cheering the wrong team and asking, "Dude--do you even know what state Pittsburgh is in?" and the guy giving the wrong answer, and then you trying hard not to laugh in his face, so you don't get beer poured down the back of your neck the rest of the game
That's actually my standard line when they get so bad that I can't take it anymore. I'll turn around and say, do you even know what state (fill in the blank) is in? Generally, I just get a laugh or silence. I figured the guy was joking with me, but it was pretty clear that he wasn't when his friend had to tell him that Pitt was in western Pennsylvania.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

The lack of Lightning goals is clearly related to the lack of Gingras and Nash shown during the games.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
That's actually my standard line when they get so bad that I can't take it anymore. I'll turn around and say, do you even know what state (fill in the blank) is in?
Holy cod. I was joking, and it turns out to be real?