BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Default Namestnikov injury?

What's the word on Vladdy's injury? He posted on twitter that he had/will have surgery.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
What's the word on Vladdy's injury? He posted on twitter that he had/will have surgery.
Broke his hand
Old 11-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Wow Syracuse needs some reinforcements. What can they look forward to next season, KoekKoek, Dotchin, Bjulus, Vasilevski? Any forwards, Ikkonen since hes a Euro?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:35 AM
The Constrictor

Personally I'd be surprised if Blujus is signed, but the others seem realistic. Ikonen was drafted out of North America so he doesn't technically qualify as a euro, and he will be 20 next year also. Joel Vermin was also signed, so look for him to come over next season. Hopefully they are able to sign Reto Suri again..he's putting up numbers in Switzerland. I'd love to see what Gusev can do in the AHL with actual playing time.

Last edited by Goboltz56; 11-27-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goboltz56 View Post
Personally I'd be surprised if Blujus is signed, but the others seem realistic. Ikonen was drafted out of North America so he doesn't technically qualify as a euro, and he will be 20 next year also. Joel Vermin was also signed, so look for him to come over next season. Hopefully they are able to sign Reto Suri again..he's putting up numbers in Switzerland. I'd love to see what Gusev can do in the AHL with actual playing time.
I don't think it matters what league you were drafted out of but I might be wrong.

Think it would be a mistake to not re-sign Blujus. Even if so far he looks he hasn't deserved the pick used on him.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 PM
BP Staff

I'd be shocked if Blujus isn't signed. Shocked.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:12 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
I don't think it matters what league you were drafted out of but I might be wrong.

Think it would be a mistake to not re-sign Blujus. Even if so far he looks he hasn't deserved the pick used on him.
If you are playing in the chl when drafted you are subject to the chl rules. Hence why grigorenko in buffalo cant be assigned to rochester (except for conditioning), and will be sent back to the q.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:14 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I figured his lack of offensive development when he was expected to be an offensive d-man would have made the organization sour on him like it did with Schemitsch. Have you heard if the organization is still high on him?
Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM
BP Staff

Schemitsch was a 4th round pick who was built like Mike Lundin. You also have the issue of the scouting staffs being shuffled around between when he was drafted and his signing summer, which means he may have lost his organization advocate in the process.

Blujus was a 2nd round, 40th overall pick who is an NHL caliber specimen, physically, has the coveted righty shot, and the same people who drafted him are the ones making the decision whether or not to sign him. That's a position we're way too thin at to be dismissing a guy like Blujus.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I'll eat a cockroach if the Yzerman passes on signing Blujus and lets him go back into the draft. IMO an ELC is a mere formality.