BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12
Default 11/27 Lightning vs Philthy Phylers

Since the last game featured a video tribute and ended in a 5-0 victory , I'll start this one too. Correlation = causation, amirite? #MYTHREAD

It's the return of Vinny Lecavalier, aka V$4 now V$40, heartless wonder, coach killer, #yourpuck practitioner, lazy line changing honky, and 15 year franchise anchor (as in the weight that prevents a ship from moving)... and now, wearer of the vomit colored Halloween costume uniform! (Please let me know if I missed any Vinny hating terms and I'll edit mypost )

THIS GAME is GOING to be a DIFFICULT ONE for MYSELF and fellow VINNY COLORED GLASSES WEARERS to WATCH, so ONCE AGAIN I will be DRINKING MYSPECIALCOFFEE and ORDERING off CHIEF'S SPECIAL MENU at HATTRICK'S.

Personally I hope that Vinny gets a hugely warm reception, the video tribute is equally as moving as Monday's (and doesn't have a clip of Torts telling Vinny he's one of the least competitive players he's coached ), Vinny scores a hatty, Crombeen knocks out Rinaldo, and the Lightning win #mypoints
Old 11-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Since the last game featured a video tribute and ended in a 5-0 victory , I'll start this one too. Correlation = causation, amirite? #MYTHREAD

It's the return of Vinny Lecavalier, aka V$4 now V$40, heartless wonder, coach killer, #yourpuck practitioner, lazy line changing honky, and 15 year franchise anchor (as in the weight that prevents a ship from moving)... and now, wearer of the vomit colored Halloween costume uniform! (Please let me know if I missed any Vinny hating terms and I'll edit mypost )

THIS GAME is GOING to be a DIFFICULT ONE for MYSELF and fellow VINNY COLORED GLASSES WEARERS to WATCH, so ONCE AGAIN I will be DRINKING MYSPECIALCOFFEE and ORDERING off CHIEF'S SPECIAL MENU at HATTRICK'S.

Personally I hope that Vinny gets a hugely warm reception, the video tribute is equally as moving as Monday's (and doesn't have a clip of Torts telling Vinny he's one of the least competitive players he's coached ), Vinny scores a hatty, Crombeen knocks out Rinaldo, and the Lightning win #mypoints
Old 11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Barnacles Shout Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post

Please make all gameday threads from now on forever.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Please make all gameday threads from now until the Lightning get moved to Quebec City / Seattle / Hamilton / because Tampa is not a professional sports market like Philly, much less a hockey market[GVIDEO][/GVIDEO].
FTFY. I'll do my best, but I think that would have to involve me being a staff member on an 11-year contract. Pete can buy me out after four years, though, when the new BP CPA is ratified

Vinny on returning to the Forum

TL;DW "It'll be great to have the fans cheer when my laziness results in Lightning goals for, rather than against"
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Glad you playing up to all the Vinny haters. I'm sure the rest of us are trilled.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:03 AM

According to the Times Vinny will be named the "Community Hero" tonight.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
Glad you playing up to all the Vinny haters. I'm sure the rest of us are trilled.
It's all tongue in cheek
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Sorry, I shouldn't post before coffee has completely brought me back to even.

Tampa Bay Lightning ‏@TBLightning
Quote:
News: #TBLightning recall forward Dana Tyrell from @SyracuseCrunch. http://ow.ly/revcu
Details

Last edited by Jester47; 11-27-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Great stuff to start a GDT, nj....I'm drinking me some bland, lifeless coffee right now by comparison. (I caught that Halloween costume reference BTW )

All kidding aside IMO kudos are obviously in order for Lecavalier's stellar contribution to the Lightning in his long tenure here and his multi-million-dollar commitment to curing children's cancer. Also he deserves recognition for scoring one of the Bolts' most intensely amazing, crucial goals ever--not the diving one-hander against the Atlanta Nobodies, but the impossible between-the-skates deflection over Jose Theodore's shoulder during the 04 MTL series that forced OT with 9 seconds left if memory serves--and for performing what can certainly be called the greatest assist in the history of the Lightning, if not one of hockey's all-time best. That bit of wizardry embodied unbridled creativity, incredible finesse and physical prowess, tireless tenacity and a relentless work ethic we all would like to remember him for. He got just absolutely annihilated with a bone-crushing hit as he delivered that puck, too...and in so doing earned the reward of those willing to pay the price.

Here's hoping his standing O tonight is an extremely long and noisy one
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Question? Can we trade back for Vinny? If so how long do we have to wait?