BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 11-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Barnacles Shout Out

Well unfortunately this opens up opportunity for all of our young guys. Who are future top 6ers and who are future bottom 6ers. Stammer's time off will give each and every one of them plenty of opportunity, who takes advantage of that opportunity we shall see.

If we recall Drouin he has to stay the entire year?

Also, the pressure on Flip is now quite heavy.
Also, this should bring Nate out of his 4th line retirement as I would think he and Flip will assume "big" faceoff duties
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Human Nerf Dart

What a miserable day.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
So... emergency recall of Drouin is very complicated and as of now, TBL does not qualify... so.... that's leaves generally 3 options:

1. Utilize Purcell/Killorn in the 2-C role, and increase roles of Thompson/Panik/Connolly... basically stand pat with roster AS IS. You'll see this for the MTL game I'm sure.

2. Recall Namestnikov

3. Recall Kucherov

I don't like #2. I'd like to see Namestnikov anchor the SYR top line all season and try to grab TBL's 3rd straight AHL MVP award. I don't think we *have* to rush Namestnikov. There's plenty of other guys that need a chance to step up.

As much as I like Kucherov and want to see him play in the show, I'm leaning toward #1 for a 6-8 games as see if we need some goal scoring help. Then recall Kucherov if you are having trouble scoring.
Agreed. Give the guys in TB a chance to fill in the slots. The Syracuse boys have been hitting their stride lately - let's let them keeping developwinning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
When is Pyatt scheduled to return? If you go with option 1, he can give you a little depth and scoring on a lower line if one of the PTPers / Connolly start getting top six minutes.

When / how would Drouin qualify for a recall Tim?

As much at it really sucks to lose Stammer for months, replacing a top 4 D might be trickier if Salo's out for a while.
The other problem with Drouin is that he'd have to stay for the whole year. We have other options, let's use them all first, IMO.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM

This is going to hurt the Bolts a ton. Team Canada is also going to be missing him as well. Two big what-ifs for hockey if he never got injured. Just unbelievable and saddening all at once.

He's in great shape and health, hope he heals well and comes back in good time.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM

EE reports he'll be going under the knife tomorrow morning (Tuesday).
Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691044

Quote:
Steven Stamkos to have surgery

TAMPA BAY – Tampa Bay Lightning center Steven Stamkos was diagnosed with a broken tibia in his right leg today in Boston, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced.

"At this point Steven will be out indefinitely," Yzerman said. "The medical staff in Boston, in consultation with our team physicians, has made the decision to surgically repair the injury. The procedure is expected to take place tomorrow morning. The biggest concern for me, and the rest of the Lightning, is that decisions are made in Steven's best long-term interest, and we feel this is the appropriate course of action."

Stamkos was injured with 7:11 remaining in the second period of a scoreless game as the Lightning took on the Boston Bruins. Tampa Bay went on to lose the contest, 3-0.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:35 PM
XO Sniper

I'm sick over this, I couldn't watch anymore. Marty broke his fibula if I remember correctly, so this break is very different in that one bone bears more weight than the other or so the internets told me.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

This is just terrible. Not only is he the best player we have but he has skate all these games injury free,

Good luck Stammer as we are all think and pulling for you.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I don't see the problem with Drouin staying the year. He's pretty much guaranteed to get scoring line time now. Might be moot if we're not allowed to call him up anyway, but I'd lean towards that direction if he was that close to sticking up here in the first place. Might as well use that opportunity to accelerate his curve. Just my opinion..
Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Human Nerf Dart

Hope he doesn't rush the rehab to make the Olympics. Lord knows there'll be subtle and unsubtle pressure to do so (though I'm sure Yzerman'll put himself between 91 and any Canadian hockey folks with gold medal fever dreams).