BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

John Tortorella is suspended for 15 days which means he will miss six games.

Bob Hartley was fined $25,000.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
John Tortorella is suspended for 15 days which means he will miss six games.

Bob Hartley was fined $25,000.
As if we didn't see that coming.

Torts is a loose cannon. So glad he is not here.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Good job by Marty for being the NHL #1 star for the week.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:47 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Reportely Wayne Gretzky (Hockey reference in thread) asked the team to only stay in hotels that showed curling matches on cable and was a huge fan, so he would agree with you.
And with me. Once I figured out what they were doing (which took an entire Olympics, since the announcers act like it's an afternoon at the curling club with friends over a few frosty Mooseheads, no need to explain anything at all) it became really intriguing, exciting and relaxing all at once. The fricken muscle control and precision are off the map. It's got the sneaky viciousness of tournament croquet...and the mad sweeping is really funny. Great stuff.

Lacrosse, hockey, curling...Canada has the best sports. Can't believe the first one isn't still an Olympic event but field hockey is. Somebody needs to tell them 100 yards is the perfect length for a football field, though
Old 01-21-2014, 12:42 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
And with me. Once I figured out what they were doing (which took an entire Olympics, since the announcers act like it's an afternoon at the curling club with friends over a few frosty Mooseheads, no need to explain anything at all) it became really intriguing, exciting and relaxing all at once. The fricken muscle control and precision are off the map. It's got the sneaky viciousness of tournament croquet...and the mad sweeping is really funny. Great stuff.

Lacrosse, hockey, curling...Canada has the best sports. Can't believe the first one isn't still an Olympic event but field hockey is. Somebody needs to tell them 100 yards is the perfect length for a football field, though
It's Canadian Shuffleboard.

Don't get me wrong, I like curling, it's a fun game to drink to both watching and playing.

But it's not how I want my hockey to look. Most sports would be better WITH hockey aspects in them.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
+ YouTube Video

Just for shits & giggles, this was the only reason, maybe aside from Jagr, I was ever glad to see a Penguin with the Cup.
+ YouTube Video

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 01-21-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:15 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I seen the bowling one coming. You can't have your head down like that.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov

Curling is my favorite winter Olympic sport. I'm a Tampa boy born and bred yet can't explain why except that I have always been fascinated by the sweeping and other aspects. Olympic hockey is on another planet with NHL players being involved but other than that I'm curling all the way
Old 01-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
It's Canadian Shuffleboard.

Don't get me wrong, I like curling, it's a fun game to drink to both watching and playing.

But it's not how I want my hockey to look. Most sports would be better WITH hockey aspects in them.

+ YouTube Video
+ YouTube Video
+ YouTube Video

Just for shit & giggles, this was the only, maybe aside from Jagr, i was glad to see a Penguin with the Cup.
+ YouTube Video
hahahah funny stuff
Old 01-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

MDZ to Nashville for Kevin Klein to NYR.

Maybe Girardi will test waters a bit more thoroughly in UFA. Wonder if we could afford him.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Klein has 4 years left on his contract -- an extension given by Poile during the Suter and Weber fiascoes that were happening to show the fans that he has intentions of not letting his players walk...

One year later... bye bye long term and very very affordable $2.9m contract...

I believe del Zotto in addition to being a pending restricted free agent, also has arbitration rights -- not that he's had the season to exploit arbitration...

del Zotto must be ready to slit his wrists... he desperately needs to go to a team where he can show his offense, but lands on the worst team in the league for goals scored per game. Ouch. And he has to play for Barry Trotz who LOVES nay say TAKES GREAT PLEASURE in dog housing young players with high offensive upside who play marginally in their own end.

In del Zotto's dictionary, there is a picture of Hell beside the Nashville Predator entry.
Closed Thread