BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
They are anti-Lightning. They do NOT go anywhere near as far out of their ways to criticize other non-traditional markets. The night they went after Boucher and the 1-3-1 was the most unprofessional broadcasting I've ever seen in my life. The "boom goes the dynamite" guy thinks they were unprofessional that night. They never went after Carolina or Phoenix like that, probably because hockey in Carolina and Phoenix isn't a riddle to them.

As I've said many times, the traditional northern hockey media doesn't get why hockey in Tampa Bay has succeeded, and they're too flipping lazy to bother to find out. It's much easier to say attendance always sucks at Lightning games (it doesn't), the fans are uneducated (they're not), and the team will have to sell off its players any day now because it's on the verge of financial collapse and about to move (over Phil's dead body). Screw them. They're never going to accept the Lightning, and the only way to get any begrudging respect from them is to beat them. Plain and simple. Punch them in the mouth and win Cups. We're the Raiders of the NHL. Politer and more well behaved, sure, but we're never going to be accepted (which is why it's laughable that we're trying to be the Red Wings and patterning our jerseys after the Maple Leafs), so the only thing left to do it beat them. Beat them all like they stole large sums of money from us. We're the renegade innovators who keep succeeding in spite of them. We're the ones they're secretly a little jealous of (mostly in a subconscious way) because we stole Phil Esposito's heart from Boston, because of the Cup we won away from them in '04 playing Safe is Death hockey, because players like Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier actually wanted to play here and not their shithole northern cities, and because we have some of the game's best young players like Stamkos and (soon) Drouin and we won't give them away just because they stamp their feet and act like babies (they're ours, whiney jabronies). They hate us. Embrace it. Bask in it. Be liberated by the knowledge you'll never get their approval and that's ok, because you don't need their approval to be the best. All you have to do is just win, baby.

Speaking of which, PAY WINDAH! Now let's go kick the crap out of the Panthers.
This is just awesome and sums up my feelings in a nutshell. Other small non-traditional markets are treated with irrelevance. The media straight up shits on this city and this org. What's that saying along the lines of jealously is the greatest form of flattery or respect or something? I'm having a Dubya moment.

Oh, and we're NHL welfare queens, too!

It doesn't even bother me anymore, but the resultant butthurt when Tampa has success is delicious.

(Also, re: the Raiders comparison, we may have been owned by a Japanese guy who might not have existed, but to my knowledge we've never been owned by an actual corpse. Although you could argue Len Barrie had even less of a functioning cerebral cortex.)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Oh, and we're NHL welfare queens, too!
Ohhh, I hate this one. That and "This new division will be so awesome for you guys! You will fill your now empty building with snowbirds, isn't that great?!"
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Ohhh, I hate this one. That and "This new division will be so awesome for you guys! You will fill your now empty building with snowbirds, isn't that great?!"
Guess they didn't see our games last year and see we can fill the house on our own.