BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 09-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Default Food Trucks

They announced they will now be having food trucks prior to the games on the west plaza.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Cooper's Law

Will they be concessions on wheels or actual small-business food trucks? Those ALWAYS have the best tacos
Old 09-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Food trucks.

Trying to find out if they are rotating the trucks and if they are going to post somewhere what trucks will be at each game.

Someone sent this to me from a email they got.

Quote:
What's New for 2013-14?

• Ford Thunder Alley - Ford Motor Company is our new partner for Thunder Alley and we are excited to bring you a great place to "tailgate" with Ford and the Lightning before each home game.

• Fresh, New Look - The Chase Club and the Firestick Grill restaurant were revamped to showcase a fresh, new look for the upcoming season.

• Food Trucks - A new addition to Ford Thunder Alley are food trucks offering a delicious, variety of selections prior to your entry to the arena. NOTE: STM discounts DO NOT apply at food trucks.

• Thirsty Thursdays - Are you thirsty? Every Thursday we will host "Thirsty Thursdays" on Ford Thunder Alley offering $2.00 beers. Discounts will not apply to this special offer.

• Holy Hog - Enjoy authentic barbecue from our new partner on the Bud Light Party Deck from Holy Hog!

• World of Beer - Our new partner, World of Beer, located across from section 116 will offer 10 different beers on tap and an inventory of canned beers.

• Corona Tailgate Parties - Ford Thunder Alley will also host Corona Tailgate Parties for all Saturday night Lightning games.

Last edited by The Other Side; 09-18-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

I am so glad to hear that at least one pro team in the Tampa Bay area might finally be getting around to addressing the food issue, our region's dirty little secret (that being that no team has ever bothered to serve more than the lowest of expectations in stadium/arena food).

Everywhere else in the county seems to have caught on to this idea, even a majority of minor league venues look to serve something local and/or unique. It's part of the overall draw that brings a wide variety of people out to see live sports.

Hopefully the Lightning will lead the way and the Bucs and Rays will follow.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Man, having some better chow available outside in the plaza will be nice. The selections, and cost, inside are atrocious.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
I am so glad to hear that at least one pro team in the Tampa Bay area might finally be getting around to addressing the food issue, our region's dirty little secret (that being that no team has ever bothered to serve more than the lowest of expectations in stadium/arena food).

Everywhere else in the county seems to have caught on to this idea, even a majority of minor league venues look to serve something local and/or unique. It's part of the overall draw that brings a wide variety of people out to see live sports.

I absolutely agree the concessions at all 3 major venues have sucked, however the Bolts last year (and really before that) was far and away better than the Rays/Bucs. Last year the Bucs concessions was the worst I have ever seen much less eaten. When they ran out of something (beer I think) at the first pre-season game last year I knew I was in for a long season. The Rays concessions have been awful forever so nothing there surprises me. Centerplate is the Rays concessionaire, SportsService (Delaware North) was the Bolts altho I'm not sure if they are still in place. The Bucs have swapped around a few times from FineHost or something like that (and then I believe they were purchased) so I'm not sure who is there now. At least they swapped out the menu's this year for the Bucs. A little less "selection" than last year but then again when one of their main "attractions" was sushi (yes concessions sushi, sounds as appetizing as Red Lobster serving sushi) anything is better even is there is less to choose from
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Man, having some better chow available outside in the plaza will be nice. The selections, and cost, inside are atrocious.
At least with the STM discount the prices aren't as bad for season ticket members. The Bucs finally hopped on that train this year. The Rays lag behind in most if not all facets of concessions, but then again the Trop is awful so why would good concessions be expected? That being said, I'm quite excited to hear about the food trucks. A little more variety will be nice then eating a Philly steak every game
Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post

The Rays are absolutely abysmal in this area
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

No kidding. Allowing fans to bring food from outside is like waving a white flag of incompetence. I think Stu isn't interested in the Trop at all, and I'm hoping (or expecting) a new stadium would be a completely different experience in the food department.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Mobile dining seems like a great idea, at least outside there is some atmosphere. On the flip side sometimes I wonder about the whole inside concessions thing...games start at 7:35 pm, first intermission isn't until a quarter past eight...most people would have already eaten dinner long before.

Variety out front beforehand from independent (i.e., accountable) enterprises sounds like a viable alternative to the "grimy, jam-packed restaurant across the street" option. And inside the building, the whole "ridiculously overpriced, lukewarm slop served cattle-style" while trying to withstand a deafening commercial audio assault is a complete non-contender IMO. I feel for anyone forced into doing that vs. starving for the whole game. I'd sooner bring a 2-day-old PB & J in a crumpled paper bag to scarf down while hanging out on the plaza