BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Old 09-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Default Farm Fighter Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Nesterov was signed, but not Gusev. You could see Gusev played on a line with Kucherov and Namestnikov and then slide Drouin onto a line with, perhaps, Paquette and Erne. Give JD a couple of body guards so the Lightning can protect their investment.
I know we sometimes differ on how we see this.

Please tell me you're joking about Erne and Paquette being "bodyguards".

Like it's been since about the early 2000's, the Lightning bring zero bodies to watch over the kids.

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 09-03-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I remember we had to withdraw from playing the Panturds because of that. I think gooning it up at a meaningless rookie tournament is still the epitome of classless though. But yeah I'm a little worried considering what's happened before.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I remember we had to withdraw from playing the Panturds because of that. I think gooning it up at a meaningless rookie tournament is still the epitome of classless though. But yeah I'm a little worried considering what's happened before.
I'm not saying you have to prepare for all out warfare, just my usual saying. It's better to have a gun and not need it, than need it and not have it.

The Lightning bowing out of that tournament was Dudley's fault, he had to know what he was getting into when the rosters came out. He chose to bring only Freadrich, and he did his part, but the teams like Montreal and Florida were 3-4 fighters deep.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:05 AM
BP Staff

Fready, the whole point isn't to load up on ham and egg lumberjacks. You want guys actually worthy of playing with Drouin who also have some size/toughness if it breaks loose. Dump Truck had over 100 PIMs in the Q last year to go with over 80 points and Erne says he patterns his game after Hartnell's and has decent size/strength. They may not be 1st order enforcers, but you couldn't play a stone handed enforcer with Drouin anyway. Or, at least, you'd be wasting Drouin's talent by doing so.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Cooper's Law

If we had a Lucic-type player who could play next to Drouin then I doubt anyone would try messing with him.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Fready, the whole point isn't to load up on ham and egg lumberjacks.
The lack of reading and understanding my posts on this site at this point still amazes me. I NEVER said anything of the sort.

Quote:
You want guys actually worthy of playing with Drouin who also have some size/toughness if it breaks loose. Dump Truck had over 100 PIMs in the Q last year to go with over 80 points
So you're saying he's point producer that makes bad choices? Having 100 PIMS doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
and Erne says he patterns his game after Hartnell's and has decent size/strength.
That's not something to brag about when mentioning the word "toughness".

Quote:
They may not be 1st order enforcers, but you couldn't play a stone handed enforcer with Drouin anyway. Or, at least, you'd be wasting Drouin's talent by doing so.
I'm not asking him to be on Drouin's line, never did. Simply said it would be nice to have one, just in case a guy like Villemaire, Elynuik, Harvey, Turgeon or Petrovic get frisky.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
If we had a Lucic-type player
Isn't that a bit like saying, "If we had a Pronger or Chara type defenseman." You're talking about rarities.

I would have preferred to carry a goon or two on the roster too, but in the absence of that I don't think it's farcical to suggest those two top lines are the best for achieving what needs to be achieved. You get that Russian chemistry with Gusev/Namestnikov/Kucherov, and Gusev and Kucherov played together for years and Dump Truck and Erne are good candidates to provide some muscle and protection on Drouin's line AND are good enough offensively to be deserving of playing with JD.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Do we have NO goons on the roster anywhere?!?!?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 PM
BP Staff

None.

I would like to see us start to cultivate some, to be honest.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Cooper's Law

I think Erne is the best we'll have unless Milan or Witko have an inner warrior they have yet to unleash.