BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Old 09-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Cleaned up this topic and moved all the fighter/power forward discussion to http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9486

This thread is to discuss the current prospects tourney in Coral Springs
Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Cooper's Law

Ends up 5-5 in regulation and 1-1 in the shootout. No one player dominated for the Lightning like Conacher did 2 years ago. But 5 on 5 they played really well.

The team started out flat and was down 5-1 in shots. Then they came on and began to take charge. They had 2 penalties (is Campbell still calling things for Boston) in the first, one of which was a power play goal for Boston. The Lightning outplayed Boston the rest of the period and ended up basically even in shots on goal.

The second was all Lightning until they began the parade to the box. Twice they ended up with 5 on 3s. The killed the first one, but gave up a goal with 2 seconds left on the second 5 on 3. So even after the goal, they were short handed.

The third was really disorganized. Gudlevskis looked really sharp for 2 periods but gave up some real weak goals in the third. I thought either he looked a lot better in this game than he did during the orientation, where I wasn't real impressed - or maybe I wasn't impressed because Vasilevskiy just looked so much better.

Drouin did not stand out like I thought he might. One flash of speed on a rush where he left everyone behind and one real nice pass. I was standing next to a pro scout from Chicago and he commented on how cocky he was when he jumped the line during warmups to get extra reps.

Erne stood in front and banged away at every rebound. 1 turned into a goal, so he was rewarded. (He was credited with 2 goals, but I believe Richard got the last one.)

Tanner Richard - that boy can pass the puck. I thought he had the game tying goal too, but didn't get credit for it. He also had the first assist on Erne's goal and passed 2 point blank passes to J.T. Brown moving through the slot. At least one hit the post.

I thought Witkowski had a nice game.

Koekkoek didn't look out of place and I think he had the wrist shot from the point that was tipped in for the 4th goal. I was on the glass at the far end away from that side, so it wasn't easy to see everything.

Off to Skyline Chili for dinner.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Are there box scores being posted anywhere or at least a per-game roster?

Also, thanks Donnie for the recap.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM

I think Erne ended up with 1 goal and 2 assists.

MMMMMM...>Skyline. Closest one to me is about 20 miles in a direction I very rarely go 8-(
Old 09-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Cooper's Law

Skyline was great. One of the few things about Panther Land that I like.

Late yesterday, I was sent an e-mail telling me that they had sent me my Saturday ticket. Wrong. But I was able to get a Panther helper to send me one.

The facility had a floor problem and they had to remove the main rink. So the tournament is being played in a side rink that has room for about 2 people deep to stand around at one end. Oh and they gave out 1,000 tickets for the Panther game this evening. How they are going to get all of those people in is a mystery.

The good news is that I have a personal Panther ticket rep assigned to help me with all my future Panther ticket purchases who wants to talk to me about season tickets. Hope he isn't working on commission.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Skyline was great. One of the few things about Panther Land that I like.

Late yesterday, I was sent an e-mail telling me that they had sent me my Saturday ticket. Wrong. But I was able to get a Panther helper to send me one.

The facility had a floor problem and they had to remove the main rink. So the tournament is being played in a side rink that has room for about 2 people deep to stand around at one end. Oh and they gave out 1,000 tickets for the Panther game this evening. How they are going to get all of those people in is a mystery.

The good news is that I have a personal Panther ticket rep assigned to help me with all my future Panther ticket purchases who wants to talk to me about season tickets. Hope he isn't working on commission.
I assume there weren't any fights? 8-)
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Cooper's Law

Default 2013 Coral Springs Rookie Tournament

None

Drouin is sitting out today's game.

Witkowski and Geoffrion fought today with Luke taking him down with one punch.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
None

Drouin is sitting out today's game.

Witkowski and Geoffrion fought today with Luke taking him down with one punch.
Need to bring a camcorder! 8-)

Any other updates from today?

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 09-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:44 PM

This information came from the twitter of @Missy_Zielinski

Seth Jones scores the first goal of the game.

Goal scorers for the Lightning were Nesterov, Richard, Kucherov, Namestnikov, Olson, Gauthier and an EN by Brown.

Brassard started the game, but left in the second with what appeared to be an arm injury.

Final was 7-4, with Tampa Bay scoring 7 goals on 30 shots.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Cooper's Law

Default 2013 Coral Springs Rookie Tournament

Jones was the best player out there today, fast and big. However he had the puck taken from him twice at the point that led to breakaways.

I stood next to al Murray and was able to talk to him between periods. He said that Kucherov has really looked great during the tournament. I asked if Drouin was a lock and he said no that Yzerman has no problem with him spending another year in juniors.