BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 07-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
TThe 18 year old kid with minimal upper body strength absolutely needs posse backing him up, though. As dazzling as he is with the puck, teams will try to break him rather than allow him to dance around the ice. So, for him in particular, the threat of retaliation needs to be real. If not, I hope Drouin knows how to carve a man up with his stick, because I don't know how else he's going to stay protected.
Same was said about the even-smaller Cory Conacher and he wasn't broken, even after teams started running him.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Give it time
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
.....The best line in Lightning history was probably the MRS line and that consisted of a big guy (Modin) an average sized guy (Richards) and Marty......
Agree with that. That line was incredible.

But that V4 Vaclav line was very good as well (someone help me out with the other winger...Feds..Stillman?).
Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Agree with that. That line was incredible.

But that V4 Vaclav line was very good as well (someone help me out with the other winger...Feds..Stillman?).
Feds (or someone else). Stillman and Prospal were never on the team at the same time.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
In other words, size is critical but by itself doesn't matter; it damn sure won't be 6'6" Victor Hedman protecting Drouin, if Victor himself requires protection from someone else.

Somebody should print this out and tape it up in Victor's stall.
I agree - sort of. Mostly I've just accepted that Hedman is not a fighter at all, nor is he particularly physical. I know I remember him getting labeled ( in a fight) and being out for some time with a concussion- so it looks to me like Veektor is better off not doing that, or risk missing games. The point is, your players that you MUST have on the ice to compete at the highest level ( Stamkos, St. Louis, Hedman, Drouin, assuming he makes the line up-) should not be the ones tasked with taking on Lucic, et all... This job is Labrie's, or Glass Joe Crombeen's. Labrie was never really given a chance to do this job, nor did it look like he embraced it when he was given the chance- so yeah, Hedman needs protection if we want him in line up- sad to say, but there it is-