BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default 2013 Free Agent Frenzy

@News1130Sports: Ballard's agent Ben Hanksinon says he has been told by the #Canucks that his client will be bought out of his contract.

Aren't you all glad we didn't deal Brett Connolly for him?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12
Default 2013 Free Agent Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Anyone out there with knowledge of such minutiae have any idea how much it costs, in real dollars, to change the name from Phoenix to Arizona, all things considered? It has to be astronomical--and for no actual value or benefit. (What, like people in Flagstaff, Yuma and Tombstone were getting their panties in a wad because this is "their" team too?)

This franchise is goofy
Yeah that's just plain dumb. They're in the greater Phoenix area anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
@News1130Sports: Ballard's agent Ben Hanksinon says he has been told by the #Canucks that his client will be bought out of his contract.

Aren't you all glad we didn't deal Brett Connolly for him?
I would have taken him for approximately nothing, perhaps with some salary held, but that trade would be Full Dudley. You never go Full Dudley.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Old friend Fedotenko moving on to the KHL. 3 year deal worth $9M

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ns-in-the-khl/
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM

Not only did Letang get his new deal inked with the Pens. Crosby's main benefactor Pascal Dupuis also resigned. 4 yr deal with a cap hit of $3.75M

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ension-693990/
Old 07-03-2013, 10:46 AM

The Nucks are still shopping Edler despite his NTC.

The questios is IF they can find a partner who wants Edler (his new deal is a bargain IMO and if not a bargain is right in line with d-man prices) and who Edler will accept a trade to.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...634/story.html

I think Yzerman has to at least kick the tires here unless with Bowness coming on board he is warning Yzerman to stay away given his familiarity with Edler from his years with the Nucks.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM

He would be a great fit at the right price. But would also push guys like Gudas/Aulie/Sustr off the roster. I wonder if they would take Brewer if we ate some salary as part of a package deal? They won't be giving Edler away though...
Old 07-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
The Nucks are still shopping Edler despite his NTC.

The questios is IF they can find a partner who wants Edler (his new deal is a bargain IMO and if not a bargain is right in line with d-man prices) and who Edler will accept a trade to.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...634/story.html

I think Yzerman has to at least kick the tires here unless with Bowness coming on board he is warning Yzerman to stay away given his familiarity with Edler from his years with the Nucks.
Sounds like Canucks would be interested in Tyler Johnson if they are looking for an inexpensive young 3rd line center whose ready to make the NHL step. Tyler's junior days in Spokane would make him familiar to Canucks fans that follow the Giants and the Cougars (though not as familiar as Connolly). But this article says they have a hole at center that they want to fill inexpensively.

However, if they move Edler, they would have cap space to pursue an NHL center via free agency, so perhaps Connolly would more to their liking. Sounds like there may be options.

I just don't know how they are going to move Edler with his NTC unless they already have an agreement. I thought I read somewhere if a player agrees to waive his NTC to be traded, the NTC is consumed. If true, then that's a bid deal for the player to waive it... especially when it has just kicked in at the beginning of a 6-year extension.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Tom Gilbert just got bought out. As others have mentioned, would be an interesting target as a low end non-physical top 4 guy for us on a cheaper contract. But definitely not my favorite target.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM

A little surprised at what Dupuis got with the monster season he just had. Then again it's still a pretty big raise for an older guy.

Would be weird to see a player waive a NTC so soon. Not gonna hold my breath for Elder but who knows. Seems like the options increase every day now. Go figure.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
A little surprised at what Dupuis got with the monster season he just had. Then again it's still a pretty big raise for an older guy.

Would be weird to see a player waive a NTC so soon. Not gonna hold my breath for Elder but who knows. Seems like the options increase every day now. Go figure.
Lots of guys would take a discount to be fed pucks from those centers.
Closed Thread