BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Bruins looked just dominating in game 3. Hawks must really step up their game in order to win game 4.
Could not agree more. And if the Hawks leave Beantown down 3-1 this series is over.

And on another note I do not remember when the ice looked this bad.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

When CHI let Game 2 slip through their fingers, they made it an even series and gave away the home ice advantage, instead of keeping it and forcing BOS to win 4 of the next 5. HUGE mistake. For me that was the instant the toast popped up--all black with some gold around the edges . Now CHI hasn't scored a goal in 2½ games worth of hockey. In the Cup Final. Hawks and their fans have to be thinking:

"Toews me, bro--PLEASE?" Dude better snap out of it, or we can stick a fork in it
Old 06-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

WOW..............all 5 goals scored tonight on Crawford have been over his glove. Boston should come out and go glove glove glove.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Whew

Win in OT! Got home ice advantage again. By the way has anyone noticed that when they show past Stanley Cup winners over the past few years they never show the Bolts. Conspiracy or not?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Swedish Battle Tank

This has to be one of the best series in a long time. Who ever wins this one has won a war.

4 games and we are tied at 2-2. Thru 4 games, 3 have been won in OT. The Blackhawks have only scored one more goal than the Bruins, 12-11. You just can't get any closer than that.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Win in OT! Got home ice advantage again. By the way has anyone noticed that when they show past Stanley Cup winners over the past few years they never show the Bolts. Conspiracy or not?
I haven't been watching very closely, but I know NBC generally only show the last 4 Cup winners, unless it's a "legendary" thing like Messier.

(or Sakic or Yzerman or Modano or Stevens or Roy or Lidstrom or Niedermayer or Brind'Amour or Pronger or Zetterberg or Crosby or Toews or Chara or Quick)
Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 AM

He starts by winning the game-opening face-off, adds a pair of goals and a +4,...et voilą. It's pretty obvious...for the Hawks to have a chance of outlasting BOS, Toews has to be the best player on the ice. Every game.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
He starts by winning the game-opening face-off, adds a pair of goals and a +4,...et voilą. It's pretty obvious...for the Hawks to have a chance of outlasting BOS, Toews has to be the best player on the ice. Every game.
It looks like the sleeping giants Kane, Sharp and Toews have been stirred. If that were to continue that would not be good for the bruins.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Finally got to watch the better part of a whole game and will throw out a couple of observations.
The Hawks game finally ignited despite the fact that Crawford couldn't catch a beach ball that game. (Man his glove was horrible). That's the way the Hawks need to play, use their speed and push hard. I liked the adjustments to the forward lines and the D really skated well to play deep in the Bruins end.
That said.
Now its the Bruins turn to adjust.
I thought Chara had the worst game I have seen him play in a long time. He was literally on the ice like a Zamboni and just looked beat. So it doesn't get much worse for him and look for a better game in Chicago.
They took a too many men penalty....cant do that in the finals. Every call is critical.
The Bruins defense had been collapsing on their net beautifully in a 2-1-2 formation when pressed hard and the top forwards are usually very low, even with the dots. They got out of that mode and fell into run and gun with the Hawks. It spread them out and that's not good for the B's as that 2-1-2 kept everything outside and Rask was shutting down the first shots with little or no rebounds. Win a few more faceoffs, maybe catch the Hawks D too deep for an odd man rush and get someone in front of Crawford.
We should see a barnburner in Chicago, but if its run and gun, its could get ugly quick.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Finally got to watch the better part of a whole game and will throw out a couple of observations.
The Hawks game finally ignited despite the fact that Crawford couldn't catch a beach ball that game. (Man his glove was horrible). That's the way the Hawks need to play, use their speed and push hard. I liked the adjustments to the forward lines and the D really skated well to play deep in the Bruins end.
That said.
Now its the Bruins turn to adjust.
I thought Chara had the worst game I have seen him play in a long time. He was literally on the ice like a Zamboni and just looked beat. So it doesn't get much worse for him and look for a better game in Chicago.
They took a too many men penalty....cant do that in the finals. Every call is critical.
The Bruins defense had been collapsing on their net beautifully in a 2-1-2 formation when pressed hard and the top forwards are usually very low, even with the dots. They got out of that mode and fell into run and gun with the Hawks. It spread them out and that's not good for the B's as that 2-1-2 kept everything outside and Rask was shutting down the first shots with little or no rebounds. Win a few more faceoffs, maybe catch the Hawks D too deep for an odd man rush and get someone in front of Crawford.
We should see a barnburner in Chicago, but if its run and gun, its could get ugly quick.
Agree w/ all but last sentence...a run-and-gun barnburner would be cool IMO