BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I would absolutely take Richards back at the right price. I wouldn't do it at the expense of addressing the defense, but if I could get him in here on a 1-year deal where he gets the chance to improve his stock in free agency and play with his friends another season, I'd do it.
/signed
Old 06-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
BTW, the Vancouver Sun ran a poll asking should Tortorella be hired as coach of the Canucks, and the fans are split nearly identically 50/50
I smell a riot
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” --J. Goebbels
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM
The Bulin Wall

In case you missed this on Deadspin...

http://davelozo.tumblr.com/post/5183...ohn-tortorella
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
In case you missed this on Deadspin...

http://davelozo.tumblr.com/post/5183...ohn-tortorella
Whoa! Amazing. Some of the juicier bits...
Quote:
A big part of Tortorella’s problem was he always believed he was the smartest guy in the room during a press conference, when really he was never in the top 10.
Quote:
The grave dancing that took place after Tortorella was fired was met with mixed reactions
Quote:
Perhaps Tortorella’s most famous bit of prickery
Quote:
I can assure all the tough guys and brave women out there who feel the media are cowards...imagine being in high school and trying to build the intestinal constitution to ask out your biggest crush, except instead of her just saying no, she says no with a laugh, does so in front of all your peers and with cameras rolling and it winds up on the Internet forever.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” --J. Goebbels
Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I thought that whole thing revealed a lot more about the reporter than Torts. I agree that John got off on the wrong foot and progressively got worse, though.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I thought that whole thing revealed a lot more about the reporters than Torts. I agree that John got off on the wrong foot and progressively got worse, though.
Ftfy...this guy is far from being the first reporter to encounter the Wrath of Tortorella. And IF what he suggests is true, that virtually all the reporters were in a similar boat, treading on eggshells in muted terror always with this one prickly guy but not the other coaches--and celebrating the news of his departure--then maybe the common denominator is Torts himself, no?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
The Bulin Wall

Sorry, one last article on Torts, courtesy of The Onion

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joh...screami,32726/
Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Old-Skool Assassin

Hired by the Canucks.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Hired by the Canucks.
Oh, the Vancouveraniacs will just love him. What a riot that's gonna be

Wait, have they started already?