BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Default Around the NHL - 2013 Off-season

New thread

Think yesterday's firings made it into the other thread, so nothing new to report today.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

LOL, Turds do not win the NHL Draft Lottery, despite having the most ping pong balls in the hopper Colorado 1st, Turds 2nd, Bolts 3rd...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=246930
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Moving Bolts related draft talk to the draft board.

http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8203
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Haha, Mike Commodore is my new favorite player not on the Bolts

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/3...e-ruins-hockey
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

LMAO.. Amen Mike.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Oh HELL yes. This guy gets full props for saying what everyone else is thinking. These remarks are too good not to repost:

Quote:
Mike Commodore ✔ @commie22

That's it. I want to watch, but I can't take it any longer. Pierre McGuire ruins it for me. Too much useless info and ball sucking.
I love that he actually put "ball sucking". Could also have mentioned "Beats off to the sound of his own voice". Props also to Mike Modano and Theo Fleury for endorsing Commodore's pithy remark.

Then there's this gem:
Quote:
Mike Commodore ✔ @commie22

Pierre Mcguire is a total #ShitStain.
Rarely do you see any of these guys tell it like it is about a prominent member of the "national elite hockey media". Me like.

I also actually like the idea of a reporter between the benches, just one that would shut the fuck up about 90% more of the time; see Dingman, Chris. He did an excellent job the few times he was stationed down there, kept the comments to an insightful mimimum and very, very brief and concise. Actually enhanced the fans' view of the game rather than becoming it. The PBP and color guy are the main conversation. The on-ice guy is just the trim, not the tree.
For Democrats every day is opposite day. Getting destroyed in an election means the other side better wise up...record cold is evidence of too much heat...those who use guns to break the law will suddenly obey a law banning guns. And more law enforcement makes a community less safe.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

I totally agree with all of that but I am just wondering if any of that is coming straight from the NHL front office... i.e. "Promote this guy", “This guys is the face of the NHL, give him mad skull f*ck loving’”, “Pits/Pilly/NY are our biggest market, metaphorically go down on the every chance you get” ect…
Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Thanks for sharing those gems Top Shelf
Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Oh HELL yes. This guy gets full props for saying what everyone else is thinking. These remarks are too good not to repost:

I love that he actually put "ball sucking". Could also have mentioned "Beats off to the sound of his own voice". Props also to Mike Modano and Theo Fleury for endorsing Commodore's pithy remark.

Then there's this gem:

Rarely do you see any of these guys tell it like it is about a prominent member of the "national elite hockey media". Me like.

I also actually like the idea of a reporter between the benches, just one that would shut the fuck up about 90% more of the time; see Dingman, Chris. He did an excellent job the few times he was stationed down there, kept the comments to an insightful mimimum and very, very brief and concise. Actually enhanced the fans' view of the game rather than becoming it. The PBP and color guy are the main conversation. The on-ice guy is just the trim, not the tree.
Solid gold (unlike the Brewer type). Less is more, most of the time. Pierre is a god damn clown. I remember the TB- Philly stall game and him screaming "THE FLYERS ARE MOCKING THEM!!! THEY'RE MOCKING THEM!! OH MY GOD LOOK AT WHAT PRONGER AND GIROUX ARE DOING!!! I THINK I NEED TO GO BACK INSIDE AND OPEN UP MY ALBUM OF CROSBY LOCKER ROOM PHOTOS AND <don't want to get infracted> "

Shit stain, indeed. I'd rather listen to Paul Kennedy commit double murder on sentence structures and the art of reporting / basic conversation. I don't see these antics helping to grow the game among less educated fans. Like you said, brief, concise, insightful, and non-erotic Hockey generally televises well; get out of the way, let the action sell itself, and add value where you can instead of making people wear out their mute buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
I totally agree with all of that but I am just wondering if any of that is coming straight from the NHL front office... i.e. "Promote this guy", “This guys is the face of the NHL, give him mad skull f*ck loving’”, “Pits/Pilly/NY are our biggest market, metaphorically go down on the every chance you get” ect…
I'm sure that's a point of emphasis, especially with NBC's story-driven philosophy. It was bad to begin with, and it's getting worse. Props to Commodore for speaking out.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

LOL, I think we all, at one time, have wanted to drive one of these

http://www.news9.com/story/22164451/...vention-center

Key word in the article is the last one
Closed Thread