BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I want to punch that grin.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

It's a shame Toronto doesn't play they more physical, if there was one team that could, it'd be the Leafs, instead they're going to get ground up.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Good God, with a ribbon and everything!!??

Dude to his left should've rolled that sign up like a fat spliff, lit it up and shoved it up that jerk's nose into the empty cavity where the brain would've been.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

While I think the sign is classless, the amount of vitriol being spewed about it is off the charts absurd. To hear some people this dude is one of the bombers himself. Calm the hell down. Maybe I'm a bit of a dick for this, but I just can't muster THAT much outrage about it. Does nobody remember the classless signs mocking our city, sponsored by the Bruins front office itself? What goes around comes around. Maybe leave the cities out of things from now on.

Last edited by Hoek; 05-07-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
As much of twitter-verse has documented, the Leafs were more focused on preening and watching themselves in the playoffs, than actually playing a playoff game. Gonna be a short series unless they decide to show up and play instead of showing off that they made the show.
The Leaflets are making there once a decade visit to the playoffs. They are thrilled and just oh so happy to be here the happy face for sure.

Ok leafs back in the dog house.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
While I think the sign is classless, the amount of vitriol being spewed about it is off the charts absurd. To hear some people this dude is one of the bombers himself. Calm the hell down. Maybe I'm a bit of a dick for this, but I just can't muster THAT much outrage about it. Does nobody remember the classless signs mocking our city, sponsored by the Bruins front office itself? What goes around comes around. Maybe leave the cities out of things from now on.
What goes around comes around? A bit of a dick?.....
Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM

What about this eh? Bruins fans are no saints.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...153140330.html

Truly both are isolated events not representative of the whole, it's the hyperbole of those playing up their offense that I dont get. One would think actual violence would merit more attention than a thoughtless sign, though.

Last edited by Hoek; 05-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Good advice there to calm the hell down. Why be so riled up over people taking offense to one of the most offensive things at a hockey game in a while, next to the officiating? How horrific an act of violence does a city have to be reeling from, or how many people have to get killed, for it to qualify as something one might get called out for literally mocking the people about? Or has it been somehow determined, Hey screw Boston and their wailing about their precious so-called "terrorist attack" because after all, as Jay Carney would say, "That was a long time ago those four people died"? Maybe so much phony outrage permeates the world, you now find it impossible to recognize the real thing? That could be a valid point.

Here's one. Everyone by now has heard of the NHL's initiative "If You Can Play, You Can Play". So suppose the next gay hockey player to come out were unfortunate to die of AIDS. What level of outrage might we expect to be considered suitable if some insensitive jerk showed up soon afterward where he knew the guy's family would see it with a sign...and the sign is in the shape of a tombstone and bears a big grinning skull and that slogan, but place of letter O's it has the red ribbons? (Hint: Worldwide mass hysteria. For starters.) But why? This is an obnoxious prick mocking only ONE person's death, not four. Maybe we should tolerate only 1/4 the posts condemning the sign and the fan's cruelty for making it, or the same number but conveying 1/4 the level of upset?

Why not live and let live, let people vent as they see fit. That door swings both ways (no pun, thanks) so later that could come in handy
On a lighter note, my favorite rinkside sign of all time was "Brodeur goes 5 hole on his sister in law"...more than priceless.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM

I guess I'm just a bit tired of seeing "FUCK CANADA" and similar comments all over my Facebook feed and other social media for something that one asshat did. You can vent without stooping to their level. It's also harder to empathize with Bruins fans much like it would with Flyers fans, knowing the sorts of things they do and say to fans of other teams, sometimes exploiting tragedy in a similar manner.

Last edited by Hoek; 05-07-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I guess I'm just a bit tired of seeing "FUCK CANADA" and similar comments all over my Facebook feed and other social media for something that one asshat did. You can vent without stooping to their level. It's also harder to empathize with Bruins fans much like it would with Flyers fans, knowing the sorts of things they do and say to fans of other teams, sometimes exploiting tragedy in a similar manner.
True enough, but still two wrongs don't make a right. (I've never said 'Fuck Canada' for anything, for the record) We wouldn't want to be that cold to PHI in general if a terrorist attack hit there even if many of them might 'deserve' it, because that would be painting with too broad a brush, icing out tons of people who WEREN'T that way. Remember when Rangers and Flyers players stood shoulder to shoulder for the anthem right after 9/11? Never happened before. That's more like who we actually are

How the Hockey World Reacts to Tragedy:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp12278

Last edited by Top Shelf; 05-09-2013 at 08:31 AM.