BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Gryba to me was just skating to intercept the puck. Like almost everyone here, pretty sure the ice caused the damage when it pushed his shield into his face. The confusing part to me is the reverse angle from behind the Habs net. It shows Eller virtually skating into Gryba, and my humble non-medical field experienced observation, Eller loses conciousness on the hit as his whole body goes limp. I don't see the damage to the head area to cause that to happen.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Gryba to me was just skating to intercept the puck. Like almost everyone here, pretty sure the ice caused the damage when it pushed his shield into his face. The confusing part to me is the reverse angle from behind the Habs net. It shows Eller virtually skating into Gryba, and my humble non-medical field experienced observation, Eller loses conciousness on the hit as his whole body goes limp. I don't see the damage to the head area to cause that to happen.
THAT'S where I blame Diaz. Teammates should be more aware of whats going on on the ice, and not put their teammates in jeopardy.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
THAT'S where I blame Diaz. Teammates should be more aware of whats going on on the ice, and not put their teammates in jeopardy.
Easier said at a computer with the benefit of replays than done on the ice in the moment at top speed. A thousand things to think about out there. Kind of on the mean side IMHO to "blame" Diaz. Sure he'd do something different if he had it to do over, but that's not reality, and ultimately it's not his job to keep Eller's head up.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
I wonder how much sleep Diaz got last night. Obviously it was a mistake on his part, Eller is lucky Gryba didn't kill him
Old 05-03-2013, 11:58 AM

THAT'S why you have to think ahead, see the play around them, not just have blinders on to who you're passing to. Ever see the better passers leave their guys on the train tracks? NO, why? Because they saw the game around them.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Easier said at a computer with the benefit of replays than done on the ice in the moment at top speed. A thousand things to think about out there. Kind of on the mean side IMHO to "blame" Diaz. Sure he'd do something different if he had it to do over, but that's not reality, and ultimately it's not his job to keep Eller's head up.
For me it was 50/50, Eller for keeping his head down, and Diaz for the bad pass into Eller's feet. How Diaz DIDN'T see Gryba coming would be a mystery to me. 6'5 220lbs is hard to miss, it's not like he was directly behind him from that angle.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
THAT'S why you have to think ahead, see the play around them, not just have blinders on to who you're passing to. Ever see the better passers leave their guys on the train tracks? NO, why? Because they saw the game around them.
This. And it's far from unique to just hockey, too. Elite athletes in team sports have to have a near superhero quality level of seeing the game and thinking two, three, or more steps ahead.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Looked clean to me, just a horrible pass and someone with the head down.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

The bad-blood in this series is starting to boil.

"He's (Maclean) already showed enough disrespect," Prust told the media. "We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422280

Also, Gryba got 2 games for the hit

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422306

I haven't seen the Shanahan video on how he came up with that discipline
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Cooper's Law

The Ottawa Sun hits the gutter http://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/330164179635957760/photo/1