BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
I think Tyrell sticks in the fall, he has more skill than Crombeen who I think gets traded.
You think that, after recently (4/1/2013) extending Crombeen, the org.'s opinions of him are suddenly such that they'll be eager to move him? Really?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
It seems that guys who treat the shootout for the joke that it is, have more success in scoring.
That's a good one. Hell, even the LEAGUE admits the shootout is a fukcing joke, or the points you get from winning them would count in tiebreakers.

Those knowledgeable hockey fans up in Winterpeg sure are knowledgeable. How else to explain taunting the guy who just scored the game-tying goal capping your team's squandering a 3-1 lead in the third? I was praying hard to the SkyGuy who grants wishes for Stamkos to score the winner in OT, but alas...(still deafened by the blasts of his rug-chewing true believers in Boston I suppose)

What a steaming load. All of it--the shootout, the allowing of a goal on the game's first shot (new goalie, same story), the horrible officiating, the putrid defense, the stupid relentless BLIND BACK PASSING, Cooper's fledgling NHL losing record, the wimpy softness of Carle early on as Bishop got leveled in his crease (I thought we were going to be tough...didn't see any "70s Flyers" there coach, looked more like something from women's pickup hockey), the persistent inability to win one-goal games...can it please be October yet
IT Dept. (Inconvenient Truth): Montgomery AL had the coolest July 30 since reliable record keeping began in 1872. Wednesday's low of 59 degrees shattered the previous low of 66 degrees set in 1889. Weather Service meteorologist Michael Garrison said it was the coolest temperature Montgomery had experienced in July, [tying] the record that Montgomery experienced on July 20, 2009. This was the third round of record-setting lows the area has seen this July.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
I assume you've watched the Lightning games this year with the horrendous music along with fans constantly booing the other team for no reason whatsoever.

Yes, i understand booing the opposing team, but not just because they're skating with the puck....that is quite annoying as well.
Yet booing Stamkos for being really good makes a great fan base? Usually Lightning fans boo really bad calls from what I remember when I was down there.

Anyways, about the parts of the game I saw:

Gudas had just an insane ridiculous moment, waving his stick and ignoring the body, and it resulted in a goal (though after Hedman completely screwed up getting to the puck along the boards where the other guy just had a ton more effort). These guys need to take the body. Bad habits are rubbing off on other guys, hope the offseason changes that. And I hope we teach our d to take the damn body.

Stamkos. If the shoulder is an issue with him worrying about shooting and such, I get that a bit. However, more worrisome than anything to me right now is that Stamkos isn't just looking for passes, he seems to have lost all vision. He is constantly not seeing defenders in passing lanes or just making bone-head plays. He needs to get his head on straight here.

I'd like to reitterate our defense is beyond bad.

I'm just not sure what to make of this team right now. Like I said, I have hope that Cooper can install something over the offseason, but with some of the vets playing like they are, it may have to be without some of them, and Yzerman needs to have the cahones to really ask some difficult questions and make some tough decisions.

And, dear God I can't stand our defense.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Default Can we just skip and the first and second periods?

I think Coop should have the guys play a first and second period among themselves BEFORE the game and then start the game as if they are in the third period! They sleep the entire first 40 minutes and then wake up the last 20!

I hope he can change this attitude of the team next year - I know he never let his AHL teams do this - they played the entire 60 minutes - that's what made them such a joy to watch!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody W View Post
I think Coop should have the guys play a first and second period among themselves BEFORE the game and then start the game as if they are in the third period! They sleep the entire first 40 minutes and then wake up the last 20!

I hope he can change this attitude of the team next year - I know he never let his AHL teams do this - they played the entire 60 minutes - that's what made them such a joy to watch!
There's a BIG difference. The guys in Syracuse/Norfolk are WORKING to get to the NHL and are AFRAID of their jobs. Nobody in Tampa Bay has been afraid of their job since Andre Roy.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
There's a BIG difference. The guys in Syracuse/Norfolk are WORKING to get to the NHL and are AFRAID of their jobs. Nobody in Tampa Bay has been afraid of their job since Andre Roy.
It's called guaranteed contracts. Something the onwers are fools for ever allowing.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
You think that, after recently (4/1/2013) extending Crombeen, the org.'s opinions of him are suddenly such that they'll be eager to move him? Really?
Well, I mean the extension was signed on April Fools Day after all

In all seriousness, though, Crombeen's sticking around. No team's going to trade for him, we just extended him, we're not exactly the biggest team in the league so he "fills a need", anyone suggesting otherwise is simply thinking wishfully and nothing more.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
When a few players get bought out by their respective teams this summer as part of the CBA agreement there might be a bit of a reality check.
I would not be surprised to see any of the following for the Bolts be bought out:

#4 7.7 per year cap hit till he's just shy of 41.
#5 - Should be out either as retired or perma IR.
#12 4.5 cap hit he only is suited for 40 games a year.

Remember cap drops to 64 mil this year. Those bonehead Koules contracts will kill the team.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
the horrible officiating
I thought, compared to usual, that the refs were OK last night. I'd rather they not call a bunch of grey-area stuff and just stick to the obvious penalties.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
When a few players get bought out by their respective teams this summer as part of the CBA agreement there might be a bit of a reality check.
I would not be surprised to see any of the following for the Bolts be bought out:

#4 7.7 per year cap hit till he's just shy of 41.
Just guessing, with #4 being #4 on the team in points, #4 in assists and one of the leaders in hits also despite missing 11 games due to injury, most of the hockey world would stupefied with shock and astonishment to see the captain bought out after this season when he's still contributing to that extent. That is so totally not happening I wish there were a mechanism for wagering actual money on this stuff
IT Dept. (Inconvenient Truth): Montgomery AL had the coolest July 30 since reliable record keeping began in 1872. Wednesday's low of 59 degrees shattered the previous low of 66 degrees set in 1889. Weather Service meteorologist Michael Garrison said it was the coolest temperature Montgomery had experienced in July, [tying] the record that Montgomery experienced on July 20, 2009. This was the third round of record-setting lows the area has seen this July.