BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Yes I do. You just fired a coach because the players were doing the same thing tonight that they were doing under Boucher.
Were they? Seems to me they went through the motions the last month Boucher was here.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Thank God Nate wears a visor, BTW. For those who missed it:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

If not for that it's his orbital bone that shatters instead probably.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I was embarrassed for Victor Hedman on the GWG by WAS. Watch a slow motion replay as Green winds up. Does he try and go down and block the shot and sell out his body? No, he waves his stick towards Green, as if that was going to unnerve him enough to shoot it 3 feet wide of the net. That HAS to be coached out of his game. A D man that imposing who doesn't even try to block the shot? Pffftttt...
Was a pretty terrible game for Hedman overall. I think he was on the ice for 5 of the goals against and was missing passes for icings at least 4 different times as well. Assuming it's from missing games and then playing 27 minutes, but not sure what the hell he was doing on the final goal against.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Just got to tighten up a little on defense and with his decision making. If he does, he's a Hossa-type talent.
Yup, he has some things to improve, but he has some real talent. I think he may be a fun one.

Quote:
I was embarrassed for Victor Hedman on the GWG by WAS. Watch a slow motion replay as Green winds up. Does he try and go down and block the shot and sell out his body? No, he waves his stick towards Green, as if that was going to unnerve him enough to shoot it 3 feet wide of the net. That HAS to be coached out of his game. A D man that imposing who doesn't even try to block the shot? Pffftttt...
Almost as embarrassed as watching our highest paid dman be the last player back to the defensive zone followed by getting completely undressed like he was a rookie against Malkin which is what forced the penalty.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbolt View Post
Yes I do. You just fired a coach because the players were doing the same thing tonight that they were doing under Boucher.

I don't think there was any magical locker room talk between periods. The Caps thought they had the game won with no problem and they pulled a "Lightning" and let them back in the game.
If you think this is the same team, effort wise, that was under Boucher you are crazy. Still making mental mistakes. Still have crappy goaltending and defense. But the energy level has been there most games, and you can't say that about Guy Boucher.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Hedman had a terrible 1st but was dominant after that. Was Hedman supposed to lie down to block the shot and open up a pass that close? Not much you can do - the Caps PP collapsed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Thank God Nate wears a visor, BTW. For those who missed it:

If not for that it's his orbital bone that shatters instead probably.
I was sitting in section 405 and heard it loud and clear.

Carle was a disaster last night.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
Was a pretty terrible game for Hedman overall. I think he was on the ice for 5 of the goals against and was missing passes for icings at least 4 different times as well. Assuming it's from missing games and then playing 27 minutes, but not sure what the hell he was doing on the final goal against.
Ah the queen of the stick brigade. I'm hoping that some tough love from Cooper will set the lad straight about the stupid stick stuff.

And to be fair he is not the only one. That was a mainstay requirement for Boucher's style of play...... Forget the physical always go first with your stick. Three years of drilling to remove it will take some time.

We can call him the fluffer nutter.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hedman had a terrible 1st but was dominant after that. Was Hedman supposed to lie down to block the shot and open up a pass that close? Not much you can do - the Caps PP collapsed well.

Carle was a disaster last night.
I thought about the fact it was a 3 on 4 Penalty situation and thought that might have been a factor in the fact he didn't want to go down on the ice to block, but he didn't put his body in the shooting lane at all, he just reached forward with his stick. I think the fact he was coming off a lower body injury affected his decision making there as well. He might not be completely recovered from it. I've seen him dive head first to block shots before.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Hedman is 22. Mama said there'd be days like this.

And I think the fact that Cooper got the team to wake up shows an improvement over Boucher. This would have been a 7-2 loss under Guy. But yes, the same slackers still came out in the first period. There are a lot of vets who realize this season is now over. That's not easy to accept. But I have a feeling Cooper issued a gentle or not-so-gentle reminder that jobs are on the line.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
This would have been a 7-2 loss under Guy.
I agree.