BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Crud

Orpik decks Marty from behind and no call then we go after Orpik and there is a call. Really tired of this treatment.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Well, this sucks.

Coop has his work cut out for him this offseason. So much sucking to fix, so little time.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 PM

Default Crud

And the pens get the PP. May a dispeptic camel visit the refs
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

It's just getting painful to watch.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Oh for pity's sake, Malkin WAS NOT hit from behind. Post game they're still harping on that.

Sorry, had to get that out.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
BP Staff

Time to send 2 of the kids back to Syracuse. Time to gear up for the AHL playoffs, Lightning fans.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Oren Koules' Pocket Comb

Default more than kids

time to give MSL a few days off and let him clear the bags from under his eyes and hope his skating skill comes back. Pens won every little ice position contested on ice tonight. We turn back or stop to pass or make a much longer pass than if we had a little confidence skating. True to letting the Crunch make their Calder Cup run. We need 52 points minimum to be in contention with the Caps and 0fers like the last few have us doomed. Damn strange mix on the team right now of really old vets and kids with talent trying to find their swagger at the speed of the NHL. We are in danger of doing irrepairable mental and emotional damage to some of these kids if we keep them out on ice with their current role models. No one had fun tonight. Stammer looks frustrated and Vinny looks like he is giving it his all but not accomplishing jack on ice. I'm sure I saw the best of Marty this year in the Buffalo game and it just shows clear as day on his face. Pens were quicker and better spaced all night without much danger of us pinging the net making it that much easier to be aggressive on their part. If I had to choose the answer to what would I do in the other thread then their would be a bunch of guys looking elsewhere for places to live even if their salary is cheap.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Cooper's Law

Once again the kids looked better than the vets. Stammer continues to play like OV - trying to do everything himself instead of playing within the system. Purcell gets 2 goals but passed up shot after shot. Brewer - what can you say that hasn't been said. Marty continues to pass instead of shooting.

The game wasn't decided by the refs, but boy they sure sucked more than Brewer tonight.

Last comment. Hope the Lighting liked playing in front of 8,000 visiting fans. That's what they are going to see every divisional game next year. Thanks Butthead.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post

Last comment. Hope the Lighting liked playing in front of 8,000 visiting fans. That's what they are going to see every divisional game next year. Thanks Butthead.
Those weren't 8k "visiting" fans... those were 6500 of your garden variety local turncoat - Lightning out of the playoffs - time to throw the Pens gear on - jackasses... same as we would see if Buffalo was in it... etc
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
Not happy that we're down 2-1 after 20 minutes here. They have no Crosby, Neal or Paul Martin. Plus Fleury has been given the night off. We need to develop a stronger instinct, no doubt.
You make it sound like there's nobody left on that team. They're the Red Wings of this decade, minus the Cups of course.

Vokoun is probably better than some of the starters in the league, put him behind a competent defense, and they're a bitch to play against. Malkin, when healthy, is as good as Crosby, add in all the additions they've made, and 2-1 after one, with the current Tampa Bay defense is a grace.