BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

I fail to see why garon is the topic of criticism?

Both goals werent his fault and his opponent made spectacular saves tonight. Probably best goalie performance we have seen this season besides miller's performance weeks ago.

Our team put up 40+ shots, came back on faceoffs from 30% to over 50%.

Purcell seems to really being let loose, and killorn looks like a seasoned veteran out there. The team looks muchhhhh better than previous weeks.

Oh and i dont think any goal post in the league has seem more rubber than tonights sherades.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 PM
XO Sniper

If you want to blame a goalie for our loss tonight I think Markstrom should be the one we are pointing at here. The kid was incredible tonight.

Gudas' hit on Parros before their fight was my favorite moment of the night..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=MmEsz3oPkI0#!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

It's already been covered but I think still worth b!tching about - wtf did Gudas do to get 5 minutes? He didn't even drop his gloves for the sake of getting a better hold on Parros' jersey to defend himself and he still gets 5? I'd love to hear the NHL defend that call. I almost think the ref's did it just to keep Parros from hurting his team with a 5 minute major power play.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
Time to bench Marty. Another prime chance goes out the window because he thinks a pass through 2 defenders is the better play over a point blank shot.
I'm glad someone else saw this also. I'm wondering if he has a BIG bonus in his contract for assists ONLY. He had so many open net chances (because everyone was moving toward Stamkos) and he then passes it in that direction (with two d men between them). I was getting so frustrated watching him do this I turned the channel and watched the "rerun" of the O's/Rays game (even though I knew the O's won - my team anyway!)

Also, all the "soft" passes between each other - if you are going to pass it to a team mate, please pass it hard enough to make it to him. I don't know how many passes were made that didn't go more than 10 feet and then a Panther picked it up.

I know one thing - this won't go on too much longer because Coop won't put up with it. He'll play all his young kids the whole game if he has to to show the veterans that you have to want to play to be out there!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody W View Post

I know one thing - this won't go on too much longer because Coop won't put up with it. He'll play all his young kids the whole game if he has to to show the veterans that you have to want to play to be out there!
I hope so, but I worry seeing 25+ minutes next to Carle's name.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I hope so, but I worry seeing 25+ minutes next to Carle's name.
Carle has been thoroughly unimpressive to me this season. He's average defensively and hasn't been good offensively or on the power play. He looks very over payed at 5.5 per right now. I hope Cooper can start working some magic on vets as well, starting with Carle.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
If you want to blame a goalie for our loss tonight I think Markstrom should be the one we are pointing at here. The kid was incredible tonight.

Gudas' hit on Parros before their fight was my favorite moment of the night..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=MmEsz3oPkI0#!

I thought I saw last night but watching this confirmed for me. In what twilight zone does Gudas get 5 when he doesn't even drop his gloves? Parros should have at least gotten an instigator if you want to give Gudas a 5.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Carle has been thoroughly unimpressive to me this season. He's average defensively and hasn't been good offensively or on the power play. He looks very over payed at 5.5 per right now. I hope Cooper can start working some magic on vets as well, starting with Carle.
Carle ... I wonder if he watchs tape of himself giving 70% at the worst times? I wonder how good he would be if he skated hard every shift- this is the NHL, right?