BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Send a message via AIM to Sean

It almost doesn't matter the cost anymore. Yzerman has to get a real goaltender. No more of this giving a 1B guy a chance bullshit.

Garon is absolutely god awful.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Lot of goalies on the market too...
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Time to bench Marty. Another prime chance goes out the window because he thinks a pass through 2 defenders is the better play over a point blank shot.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

I may be on an island, but I'm not killing Garon here. First goal was a beatiful PP setup with a tip in front, second he had two 6'6 guys standing in front of him, and it was Stamkos who wasn't in position because he was more concerned with going to get his stick. He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been awful here either. The problem (or maybe not a problem) is the PK and PP units that are doing the job are the young guys who have been taught by Cooper for a a year and a half how to do it. Conacher looks like he is a new player when he is out there with TJ.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I may be on an island, but I'm not killing Garon here. First goal was a beatiful PP setup with a tip in front, second he had two 6'6 guys standing in front of him, and it was Stamkos who wasn't in position because he was more concerned with going to get his stick. He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been awful here either. The problem (or maybe not a problem) is the PK and PP units that are doing the job are the young guys who have been taught by Cooper for a a year and a half how to do it. Conacher looks like he is a new player when he is out there with TJ.
I do agree to an extent, but Garon's been on the hook for so many weak goals before. An upgrade would do wonders for this team not only now but next season as well. I expect Lindback to start maybe half the games or so next year. If we need to trade a young F prospect to upgrade in net, let's do it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I blame the PP for us not being in this game. A lot of the typical crap that should get guys benched again.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I blame the PP for us not being in this game. A lot of the typical crap that should get guys benched again.
I'm not sure what to say about it anymore. Maybe we should tell all of our PP guys to just do the total opposite of what they're thinking of doing...
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
I do agree to an extent, but Garon's been on the hook for so many weak goals before. An upgrade would do wonders for this team not only now but next season as well. I expect Lindback to start maybe half the games or so next year. If we need to trade a young F prospect to upgrade in net, let's do it.
I'm just not sure what you want done. Garon is a backup. The problem is having to stick him in as a number one. They think they have a number one in Lindback, so why trade away prospects for essentially a backup? Especially when we could potentially get one in FA this offseason. Personally, I still like Pete's idea of bringing up Heleinus to see what he has and if he can be that guy next season.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
My complaint is that it's not the whole PP. When TJ/Conacher/Palat hit the ice, there are all sorts of chances. When Marty/Teddy/Stamkos hit the ice, we can't enter the zone on a 5-3 on 3 attempts.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
My complaint is that it's not the whole PP. When TJ/Conacher/Palat hit the ice, there are all sorts of chances. When Marty/Teddy/Stamkos hit the ice, we can't enter the zone on a 5-3 on 3 attempts.
Exactly. Hoping for some discipline and correction handed out.