BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket09 View Post
awsome job Riku - keep it up & tik stops 47 of 49 today. Yep the AHL goalies of syracuse weren't good enough according to SY. But a week ago Riku sucked didn't he? And here we go again. Riku is going to outplay Cedric by miles is my prediction.
I understand your negativity, but if the team didn't believe Dustin was the guy then isn't kind of moot?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
awsome job Riku - keep it up & tik stops 47 of 49 today. Yep the AHL goalies of syracuse weren't good enough according to SY. But a week ago Riku sucked didn't he? And here we go again. Riku is going to outplay Cedric by miles is my prediction.
They are good enough for Syracuse, but Yzerman's job is to determine if they are good enough for Tampa. And that's been looking less likely of late. There's a big step between stopping pucks in the AHL and stopping them in the NHL. Sure, you want a winning environment on the farm and strong team there, but ultimately you want to graduate players to the NHL, and the ones are less likely to have that ceiling, you got to make the hard decisions and move on.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM
BP Staff

Slick Rik named AHL Player of the Week. Wooooo!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
You gotta rewind the history to understand way certain players were signed/not signed. I think TBL liked Kostka just fine and would have liked to keep him in the organization, but a player once they reach UFA status gets the final say on where they think their best opportunity lies.
Great analysis. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
I am so happy for Tic & wish him the very best. I am also very happy for Bris & Bouch - they got their boytoy back - lol. Do you realize how many times views have changed on the goalies in this organization and how quickly everyone is to throw them out. Riku is the most amazing goalie - draft him - nope - let him go - wow - he's doing amazing elsewhere - he's awsome,bring him back he's the best - nope - now he sucks. Janus is amazing - nope he's not up to par, let him go Tics better, nope Janus is doing great elsewhere - bring him back, he's better now - Cedrick - he's great - nope he sucks, Nitti - he was awsome - nope sucks - Mike Smith?? Absolutely hilarious to have watched this unfold the last few years. Thanks for the entertainment, it's been awsome!
So true!