BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing41 View Post
Let me ask you experts on why the heck Tyler Johnson is not being called up or even mentioned??! What else does the guy need to do?!! His stats have been impressive for the last two years (CONSISTENT)! If they can't use him TRADE EM so he gets an opportunity somewhere else.
johnson is not conacher small but not huge either. think he 5.11 or something like that
killorn and panik have the bodys. and steve said he wants a bigger squad.
thats why tyrell was sent down.
you could make a case for connolly

but it would be a slap in the face for tyrell if you send him down and call up johnson
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Wtf

Bugsy gets hurt Ina soccer match? How crazy is that...ok ban the sport. Geez how do you get a lower body injury from that, concussion sure but he must have really pulled something or hurt his hip. Get better soon Bugsy.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing41 View Post
Let me ask you experts on why the heck Tyler Johnson is not being called up or even mentioned??! What else does the guy need to do?!! His stats have been impressive for the last two years (CONSISTENT)! If they can't use him TRADE EM so he gets an opportunity somewhere else.
Panik and Killorn are more physically mature. Same reason why Connolly is staying down, you could make a better case for Connolly to be honest. Stats aren't everything, Yzerman is being patient and there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

depth is a great thing to have
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
BP Staff

TJ just came off a really, really long goal scoring drought, too, as opposed to Panik who played like a beasty coming off suspension.

TJ's other problem, as mentioned, is that he's in the size range of guys like Conacher and St. Louis, and unlike those two guys, he's more on the skinny greyhound side. Think Steve Kelly, except TJ has an NHL shot.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

I somewhat agree on that but TJ has worked his butt off in the off season and put on an additional 10-15 pounds of muscle to offset the darn shortness thing! Hopefully he will get his shot soon....
Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Bugsy gets hurt Ina soccer match? How crazy is that...ok ban the sport. Geez how do you get a lower body injury from that, concussion sure but he must have really pulled something or hurt his hip. Get better soon Bugsy.
Considering the sport is primarily played with your lower body, quite easily. I've pulled a hamstring playing it personally, and that's a pretty common injury, along with rolling your ankle or something like that.

As for banning it as a pregame thing, who knows.. They claim it helps and the Lightning are far from the only team that does it.

Oh and I don't think the Lightning are planning on ignoring TJ forever. I'm looking forward to him getting a shot next season.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I say move Purcell down, and let Conacher and Killorn rejuvenate Vinny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
And I thought I was the only one over the dipsy doodle passing freak that is Percy the re-incarnation of a bad version of the Harlem Globetrotters on ice. Looking like the queen of the ice capades.

Amen down goes Percy.

Or, is there a trade for a 10th round pick for Percy out there to cut loose the contract. That would really put a happy face on this camper.
That demotion of Purcell is going to be really awkward now after tonight's special segment on him and his important contributions to the club during Lightning Live, where Purcell's head coach credits him for an enormous amount of personal sacrifice to get better in all areas of his game and calls him "the most improved player on our entire roster".
IT Dept. (Inconvenient Truth): Montgomery AL had the coolest July 30 since reliable record keeping began in 1872. Wednesday's low of 59 degrees shattered the previous low of 66 degrees set in 1889. Weather Service meteorologist Michael Garrison said it was the coolest temperature Montgomery had experienced in July, [tying] the record that Montgomery experienced on July 20, 2009. This was the third round of record-setting lows the area has seen this July.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
I somewhat agree on that but TJ has worked his butt off in the off season and put on an additional 10-15 pounds of muscle to offset the darn shortness thing! Hopefully he will get his shot soon....
No doubt he'll get his opportunity. He's one of the best players in the AHL. I just think it was hard for the Lightning to justify having a team with St. Louis, Conacher, Pyatt, Tyrell, AND TJ. At a certain point your forward corps starts to look like the population of the Smurf Village. As it is, they may already be too far on the small side, especially with Malone out.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I guess he got tired of the "panic" jibes, says it's pronounced PON-ik,,,,