BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
Personally, I found the St. Louis tripping call more upsetting than the latter call everybody's up in arms about
Yeah, that was even more inane to me, because it really had no effect on anything and was harder to confuse than the Hall call.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Greene took a nice "dive" to draw the Marty trip...blown call

And why wasn't icing called which would have ended the play before the Hall blown call even occured? Am I missing something b/c that sure looked like icing to me. To me the Hall call should have been a no call all the way around. The rule clearly states that the follow through of a regular shooting motion is not high sticking. The slew footing to me was completely incidental as there was no noticeable leg extension as he approached Hall.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
The only reason the swing was wild is because he got slew footed in the act of taking it, so I still agree with Boucher it was a bad call.
There was NO slew foot. Watch the replay in slow motion.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Yeah, that was even more inane to me, because it really had no effect on anything and was harder to confuse than the Hall call.
That call seemed like the ref's had a bet to see who could give Marty his first penalty of the season.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Greene took a nice "dive" to draw the Marty trip...blown call

And why wasn't icing called which would have ended the play before the Hall blown call even occured? Am I missing something b/c that sure looked like icing to me. To me the Hall call should have been a no call all the way around. The rule clearly states that the follow through of a regular shooting motion is not high sticking. The slew footing to me was completely incidental as there was no noticeable leg extension as he approached Hall.
That seemed odd....like the ref's were just counting the ceiling tiles while the puck was going toward the other end.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Refs

The refs must have had money on the devils and the total goals scored that is the only reasonable assumption. Poor Boucher he must have been going nuts over the calls and the missed icing calls.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Boy, the radio was very interesting with the Devils announcers, I didn't get any of this. And they were saying they weren't sure why Boucher was upset.

At any rate, I don't care about the refs. I care that we lost EVERY corner battle, and that we went 17 minutes without a freaking shot. Without a dumpin going on net. What a joke that is. I'm getting worried. Against three good teams we are losing. And we can't win low scoring games, which means pressure is on to have to score a lot. I'm seeing some defense improvement from last year, but not nearly enough for the money spent there, and still way to many odd man rushes. I'm back to wondering about the coaching system with the makeup of this team.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

All I know is we got to the ECF a couple years ago winning exactly these kinds of games with most of the main crew, so it's not impossible for us to do and we should be able to learn it again. Maybe we should go back to the 1-3-1 in these kind of games and start making the other team screw up first instead of making all the mistakes ourselves.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Johnny Shortside

I agree the Marty call was the craziest part of it for me.

It was the beginning of the end, without that no Hall call, no 5-on-3. Still a 1 goal differential, doable.

Marty didn't trip (Elias was it?) in the slightest, he tripped on his own skates.

Also, Tyrell needs to be a fixture in the lineup.

Purcell should be scratched, ok he can bring offense, but if he's off what does he provide? Tyrell brings grit, speed and forechecking every game without fail. If his balance and scoring come on a bit he is our next Bergenheim or Downie presence IMO.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Have to disagree on the Hall call. He swung wildly at the puck on a clearing attempt, missed and then got Zajac in the shield. THEN, just a half-second afterward, Zajac (who was more concerned about his face) skated into Hall's left leg and tripped him up. It was a fair call.

I'm much more concerned about the amount of clutching and grabbing New Jersey gets away with. It's like the same bullshit that NBA refs allow the Boston Celtics, who play a rough and physical and relentless brand of defense. The intention of teams like that is to play on the edge of penalties at all times. The refs can't and won't call them all, so the effect is that they allow those types of teams to play a style that's actually outside the rules. Pisses me off to no end.