BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Defensemen blow coverage on players every game. The goalie HAS to stop the easy ones. HAS TO.
But number 1-2 defenseman, shouldn't get a free pass. He had the tools and didn't use them to get the job done. He was an F'n turnstyle.

That's what makes the difference between the ones who are great vs the one's who are 1-2 because the rest of the "D" sucks.

I held my tongue on Hedman early on, because I know he's most everyone's baby on here, and the coaches were telling him not to play physical. But it's time he gets held accountable.

Even if he gets a penalty, it doesn't allow a shot on goal.

You guys seem more worried in blaming the 35 year old journeyman goalie who has never proven to be anything more than a fill in starter.
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 02-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Hedman looked bad on the Nash goal - a guy who doesn't score off the rush very often. It's hard to argue that he hasn't been a lot more assertive physically this season, however. Every defenseman occasionally gets made to look like a fool in one way or another, but I'll be worried only if this becomes a regular pattern. He's learned to hipcheck, too :thumbup:
This. I can't believe we're talking like this is the same Charminy Hedman. Deserves criticism on that play, but let's not completely forget what he's done so far this season.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Avery86's Avatar
Avery86 Avery86 is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
This. I can't believe we're talking like this is the same Charminy Hedman. Deserves criticism on that play, but let's not completely forget what he's done so far this season.
And we wouldn't be talking about it perhaps at all if Garon actually made the poke check to prevent Nash from scoring in the first place.

Hedman isn't innocent, but you can't call him out without placing just as much, if not more, blame on Garon.

Either way, they were bound to drop one. On to the next one.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 PM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
And we wouldn't be talking about it perhaps at all if Garon actually made the poke check to prevent Nash from scoring in the first place.

Hedman isn't innocent, but you can't call him out without placing just as much, if not more, blame on Garon.

Either way, they were bound to drop one. On to the next one.
That's bullshit, that's like blaming the fork for electrocuting the kid that stuck it in the socket.
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Avery86's Avatar
Avery86 Avery86 is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
That's bullshit, that's like blaming the fork for electrocuting the kid that stuck it in the socket.
That'd be a good analogy if Garon didn't make a monumental error in addition to Hedman's.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 PM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,009
Default Yep

Gotta agree with KF43, Hedman should not let Nash skate by him, that is Nash's signature move he does it every game, can't believe they didn't catch that on the tapes. True though Garon has to poke the puck away, but Hedman has to body Nash. The Rags out toughed us, they hit us every time we had the puck we did not do the same. We have to hit them every time they have the puck that way they will get worn down physically enough to stop hitting us and that should open the ice for us to use our speed. we can beat them, we have better talent, and we have better speed.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,444
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
But number 1-2 defenseman, shouldn't get a free pass.
No one's giving him a fucking free pass. He blew it. Now, journeyman backup goalie make the pedestrian stop and win the game in spite of the blown coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Pat664422 Pat664422 is offline
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
I held my tongue on Hedman early on, because I know he's most everyone's baby on here, and the coaches were telling him not to play physical. But it's time he gets held accountable.
Oh please. By all means give credit where credit is due with Hedman - both good and bad - and "spare" us nothing. No question his overall game and physical play have improved this year. And no question he still needs to become more consistent in his own end. But the good players like Nash are good because they do occasionally make good defensemen look bad.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 PM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
Oh please. By all means give credit where credit is due with Hedman - both good and bad - and "spare" us nothing.
Trust me, it wasn't for your benefit.

Quote:
No question his overall game and physical play have improved this year. And no question he still needs to become more consistent in his own end. But the good players like Nash are good because they do occasionally make good defensemen look bad.
Right, he's improved physically more than previous seasons. That being said, there is no excuse for Hedman letting him by. PERIOD.

Garon has been giving up goals like that almost his entire career, why do you think he's never been a consistent starter????
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Hedman isn't innocent, but you can't call him out without placing just as much, if not more, blame on Garon.
If you want to assign blame. 70% Hedman, 10% Garon, 20% Nobody - Nash is just a pretty damn good player and makes plays like that.
__________________
“How do you know if you've got a good mechanic? By the size of his boat.” - Tom Magliozzi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.