BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Defensemen blow coverage on players every game. The goalie HAS to stop the easy ones. HAS TO.
But number 1-2 defenseman, shouldn't get a free pass. He had the tools and didn't use them to get the job done. He was an F'n turnstyle.

That's what makes the difference between the ones who are great vs the one's who are 1-2 because the rest of the "D" sucks.

I held my tongue on Hedman early on, because I know he's most everyone's baby on here, and the coaches were telling him not to play physical. But it's time he gets held accountable.

Even if he gets a penalty, it doesn't allow a shot on goal.

You guys seem more worried in blaming the 35 year old journeyman goalie who has never proven to be anything more than a fill in starter.

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 02-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Hedman looked bad on the Nash goal - a guy who doesn't score off the rush very often. It's hard to argue that he hasn't been a lot more assertive physically this season, however. Every defenseman occasionally gets made to look like a fool in one way or another, but I'll be worried only if this becomes a regular pattern. He's learned to hipcheck, too :thumbup:
This. I can't believe we're talking like this is the same Charminy Hedman. Deserves criticism on that play, but let's not completely forget what he's done so far this season.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
This. I can't believe we're talking like this is the same Charminy Hedman. Deserves criticism on that play, but let's not completely forget what he's done so far this season.
And we wouldn't be talking about it perhaps at all if Garon actually made the poke check to prevent Nash from scoring in the first place.

Hedman isn't innocent, but you can't call him out without placing just as much, if not more, blame on Garon.

Either way, they were bound to drop one. On to the next one.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
And we wouldn't be talking about it perhaps at all if Garon actually made the poke check to prevent Nash from scoring in the first place.

Hedman isn't innocent, but you can't call him out without placing just as much, if not more, blame on Garon.

Either way, they were bound to drop one. On to the next one.
That's bullshit, that's like blaming the fork for electrocuting the kid that stuck it in the socket.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
That's bullshit, that's like blaming the fork for electrocuting the kid that stuck it in the socket.
That'd be a good analogy if Garon didn't make a monumental error in addition to Hedman's.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Default Yep

Gotta agree with KF43, Hedman should not let Nash skate by him, that is Nash's signature move he does it every game, can't believe they didn't catch that on the tapes. True though Garon has to poke the puck away, but Hedman has to body Nash. The Rags out toughed us, they hit us every time we had the puck we did not do the same. We have to hit them every time they have the puck that way they will get worn down physically enough to stop hitting us and that should open the ice for us to use our speed. we can beat them, we have better talent, and we have better speed.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
But number 1-2 defenseman, shouldn't get a free pass.
No one's giving him a fucking free pass. He blew it. Now, journeyman backup goalie make the pedestrian stop and win the game in spite of the blown coverage.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
I held my tongue on Hedman early on, because I know he's most everyone's baby on here, and the coaches were telling him not to play physical. But it's time he gets held accountable.
Oh please. By all means give credit where credit is due with Hedman - both good and bad - and "spare" us nothing. No question his overall game and physical play have improved this year. And no question he still needs to become more consistent in his own end. But the good players like Nash are good because they do occasionally make good defensemen look bad.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
Oh please. By all means give credit where credit is due with Hedman - both good and bad - and "spare" us nothing.
Trust me, it wasn't for your benefit.

Quote:
No question his overall game and physical play have improved this year. And no question he still needs to become more consistent in his own end. But the good players like Nash are good because they do occasionally make good defensemen look bad.
Right, he's improved physically more than previous seasons. That being said, there is no excuse for Hedman letting him by. PERIOD.

Garon has been giving up goals like that almost his entire career, why do you think he's never been a consistent starter????
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
If you want to assign blame. 70% Hedman, 10% Garon, 20% Nobody - Nash is just a pretty damn good player and makes plays like that.