BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
dumping the delay-of-game penalty assessed for flipping the puck over the glass
Its a frustrating penalty but I think its necessary to keep the defense honest and force a solid clear. NHL wants more offense, so that penalty is here to stay.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
I'll play devils advocate.

Good game by the Lightning, but I think it would have been different if it hadn't been the Flyers 4th game in 6 nights, and second of a back to back.
That could be the case, and if so, then we thoroughly kicked a tired team's ass to the appropriate level I'd say.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Schenn - Lecavalier

Schenn reacts to Vinny's hit on Timonen, challenging him. Vinny accepts....starting off with 2 rights as Schenn returns a left, Schenn goes for Vinny's helmet and pops it off, he then throws 6-7 lefts, a couple of which land as Vinny ducks his head during the flurry and throws some blind rights that miss their target, but keep any more of Schenn's lefts from being effective....Schenn then grabs Lecavalier with both hands and pushes him backward getting him off balance, he then pulls Vinny forward and he goes down to the ice.

Win Schenn, again, like Neil/Crombeen, more active and a few landed, no damage done though.

I think Schenn using his left caught Lecavalier off guard and the rust from Vinny's lack of fighting in the last couple of years showed.

I would love for the Lightning to go after Kassian, I still believe a guy like him would be an asset to the team.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Cooper's Law

I laughed more and more with each Lightning goal. I seriously hate the Flyers. Seeing Simmonds get the unsportsmanlike minor was like eating birthday cake, and then scoring on the ensuing powerplay? That was like eating the whole thing shamelessly.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Schenn - Lecavalier

Schenn reacts to Vinny's hit on Timonen, challenging him. Vinny accepts....starting off with 2 rights as Schenn returns a left, Schenn goes for Vinny's helmet and pops it off, he then throws 6-7 lefts, a couple of which land as Vinny ducks his head during the flurry and throws some blind rights that miss their target, but keep any more of Schenn's lefts from being effective....Schenn then grabs Lecavalier with both hands and pushes him backward getting him off balance, he then pulls Vinny forward and he goes down to the ice.

Win Schenn, again, like Neil/Crombeen, more active and a few landed, no damage done though.

I think Schenn using his left caught Lecavalier off guard and the rust from Vinny's lack of fighting in the last couple of years showed.

I would love for the Lightning to go after Kassian, I still believe a guy like him would be an asset to the team.
Regardless of whether Schenn "won" the fight, in this case I think it is safe to say it doesn't matter simply b/c the affect of Vinny fighting inspired the team and the corresponding results on the ice. Just my 2 cents but a fight isn't always about who lands more punches and in this case Vinny won b/c of the way the team played after the fight and more importantly the Bolts won on the scoreboard.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Regardless of whether Schenn "won" the fight, in this case I think it is safe to say it doesn't matter simply b/c the affect of Vinny fighting inspired the team and the corresponding results on the ice. Just my 2 cents but a fight isn't always about who lands more punches and in this case Vinny won b/c of the way the team played after the fight and more importantly the Bolts won on the scoreboard.
You're stating the obvious. I don't think there was ever any doubt about the resulting response from Tampa Bay.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
You're stating the obvious. I don't think there was ever any doubt about the resulting response from Tampa Bay.
They call me Captain Obvious

I wasn't meaning to contradict you but if I am describing a fight the results on the ice (regardless of how many punches are thrown and/or landed) has to have an affect on the "result" of the fight. Maybe thats just me but fighting in hockey is more than just punches and/or knockouts regardless of whether we are referring to protection, intimidation, retaliation, or just plain old "fire up the team" inspiration. If not all we are doing is commentating a boxing match on skates.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
They call me Captain Obvious

I wasn't meaning to contradict you but if I am describing a fight the results on the ice (regardless of how many punches are thrown and/or landed) has to have an affect on the "result" of the fight. Maybe thats just me but fighting in hockey is more than just punches and/or knockouts regardless of whether we are referring to protection, intimidation, retaliation, or just plain old "fire up the team" inspiration. If not all we are doing is commentating a boxing match on skates.
Rating fights is about wins and losses, not what effect they have on the game, that's for the teams to decide
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Rating fights is about wins and losses, not what effect they have on the game, that's for the teams to decide
I suppose that would depend on who you ask. Neither of you are wrong, so be happy.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
I suppose that would depend on who you ask. Neither of you are wrong, so be happy.
Seriously? No, it might matter who you ask. But the majority of people that rate fights and even the ones who just WATCH them, rarely make mention of the after effects unless it involves another fight.

I said I understood his point, but he's the first person I've heard of, that felt the rest of the play was as important as the fight.