BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
Tyrell>labrie
Love seeing Tyrell's speedy forechecking. He needs to stay out there as long as he's doing it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
You mean right, right?
Wrong.

The incorrect spelling is part of the new tradition. Embrace it.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

After a performance like that you put a saddle on Garon and ride him for as long as he can go. That was dominating. He stopped some glorious scoring chances ... I dare say tougher than anything Lindback has yet seen. And don't forget, Yzerman and Boucher didn't annoint the big Swede an automatic No. 1 goalie. They're going to (correctly) make him earn that distinction, and it only helps if his competition is raising his game, both of their games. Garon just went out against a dangerous offensive club and showed that he can pick up right where he left off last season. Wow. I've got visions of a terrific tandem here.

Great bounce-back game overall. They played like they were glad to be back on the ice 30 hours after a bad loss. Our lower lines really played well. Very physical, relentless forecheck. Tyrell was an improvement. He should have earned another game at least. Pyatt was an animal. Even Malone played better after his brutal penalty led to the Canes' only goal. Conacher ... what can you say? Keep it up, kid.

Also liking what I'm seeing from the D. I thought Mikkelson played a very solid first game. He was clearly better than Lee. Aulie has made good use of his third-pair minutes. I'd still like more physical work along the boards and in the crease, but he's show good awareness and better mobility than I remembered. Salo is everything I'd hoped and everything the Bolts needed -- a booming righty shot and a solid veteran presence in the back end. I'll keep praying nightly for his good health. I get a little frustrated with Carle sometimes, but then I remember that he's chewing up gobs of ice time and generally doing what is asked of him. If you find yourself getting mad at him like me, just think back to last year when our only mobile dmen were Gilroy and Gervais. Ugh! Major upgrade. Not perfect, but it appears he'll be Boucher's ice-time leader, so his mistakes will have to be considered within that context.

Last edited by Bolthed; 01-23-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Also liking what I'm seeing from the D. I thought Mikkelson played a very solid first game. He was clearly better than Lee. Aulie has made good use of his third-pair minutes. I'd still like more physical work along the boards and in the crease, but he's show good awareness and better mobility than I remembered. Salo is everything I'd hoped and everything the Bolts needed -- a booming righty shot and a solid veteran presence in the back end. I'll keep praying nightly for his good health. I get a little frustrated with Carle sometimes, but then I remember that he's chewing up gobs of ice time and generally doing what is asked of him. If you find yourself getting mad at him like me, just think back to last year when our only mobile dmen were Gilroy and Gervais. Ugh! Major upgrade. Not perfect, but it appears he'll be Boucher's ice-time leader, so his mistakes will have to be considered within that context.
See I kind of agree and disagree. I think Aulie has looked pretty good so far this year. But if Garon isn't standing on his head, we probably let up 4-5 goals again. We may have a lot more talent on defense this year, but it's not translating on the ice to me. Maybe it's just that they are not used to each other/the system, or maybe it is just that same not playing for 7 minutes stretches by the whole team that has me really upset, but there are far too many really good opportunities (and second/third chances) for me.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
See I kind of agree and disagree. I think Aulie has looked pretty good so far this year. But if Garon isn't standing on his head, we probably let up 4-5 goals again. We may have a lot more talent on defense this year, but it's not translating on the ice to me. Maybe it's just that they are not used to each other/the system, or maybe it is just that same not playing for 7 minutes stretches by the whole team that has me really upset, but there are far too many really good opportunities (and second/third chances) for me.
I see your point, but I think it's prudent to mention this is a Carolina team that has the Staal brothers, Semin, and Skinner on the top lines. And even though they were beaten 5-1 by the 'Turds, they put up a hefty 42 shots while only giving up 25. So, you could argue if Theodore hadn't stood on his head, etc.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Aulie has made good use of his third-pair minutes. I'd still like more physical work along the boards and in the crease, but he's show good awareness and better mobility than I remembered.
Gotta admit, I cheered almost as loudly as I do for a goal when Skinner tried the spin-o-rama and Aulie laid him out.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Gotta admit, I cheered almost as loudly as I do for a goal when Skinner tried the spin-o-rama and Aulie laid him out.
Pretty sure that was Salo that stepped into him, but Aulie got a couple good looks in tonight, yes.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/light...n-road/1271854

from damian on the game. he praises vinnys game a lot. right so
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Wrong.

The incorrect spelling is part of the new tradition. Embrace it.
Thats rite.

"What we have here is (not) a failure to communicate!!!!" chl 1965
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Pretty sure that was Salo that stepped into him, but Aulie got a couple good looks in tonight, yes.
Was it? I swear it was Aulie. You're probably right, though, I have a specific sort of dyslexia where I keep mentally switching their numbers around.