BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Once again, another player gets off to a hot start and is moved off Vinny's line.
He was switched to playing on a line with Marty and Stamkos. I don't think Lecavalier was on the ice for Conacher's goal vs Washington, and his assist came on the power play.

Lecavalier just isn't the skating type that Marty and Stamkos are.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Once again, another player gets off to a hot start and is moved off Vinny's line.
I don't necessarily say kick him off vinny's line, but if you watched the several line changes they played together (91,26,89) they were pissing off the defense and causing turnovers. Two 6'3 defenders had to molest st louis for 15 seconds before her fed it to conacher for Stammer's goal.

Purcell has been fine. I dont think he has had an off game; his wrist shot is awesome. Malone slows down vinny's line; I would rather see pouliet play with vinny and purcell.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

If Conacher goes to Stammer's line, then I'd rather see Pouliot with Vinny and Purcell than Malone. Malone and Vinny haven't clicked once since Malone has been here.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Purcells been playing pretty good IMO. I can see the argument against Malone, but honestly Pouliet hasn't really impressed me a lot yet either.
Does "hasn't really impressed me" equate to "hasn't really done anything to earn my scorn", too? At least provide the caveat that he's playing with new teammates and in a new system with only six days of what was supposed to pass as a training camp to adjust.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
If Conacher goes to Stammer's line, then I'd rather see Pouliot with Vinny and Purcell than Malone. Malone and Vinny haven't clicked once since Malone has been here.
I'm sure some will beg to differ but I'm of the opinion that, aside from brief, intermittent stretches of his tenure here, Malone has been most effective playing on the third-line.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Lines

Agree about Stammer, Marty and Conacher. I also agree that Pouliot should go to Vinny's line and see what happens. Honestly I have some trouble with our lower lines, don't see much help on offense and we need speed and better puck handling. Maybe moving Malone down to the 3rd line with Hall and Tyrell will help generate some chances while that 4th line should be Nate,BJ and Pyatt...or put Pyatt on the 3rd and move Hall to the 4th, which makes more sense now that I think about it.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I'm sure some will beg to differ but I'm of the opinion that, aside from brief, intermittent stretches of his tenure here, Malone has been most effective playing on the third-line.
Agreed, Downie was a much better physical presence on a scoring line than Malone ever was.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

I feel bad for vinny. just one mor eyear vinny and you will have panik with on your side
Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Cooper's Law

If Malone can't cut it, he may have Panik, Connolly or Johnson this year.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I agree Mike. Malone, Crombeen, Pyatt would be a formidable third line, with Pouliot moving up to play with Vinny and Pretty boy Purcell, adding speed and a defensive presence to that line- Conacher can skate with Stammer and Marty, and you can throw in malone there or Crombeen on occasion if they need protection...