BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I'll give it a shot and see if I come up with something post-worthy.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Torts makes news for benching Richards in the third period last night. Richards only gets 47 seconds of ice time in the third.
Maybe it is time for a veteran or two to be a healthy scratch. Obviously a message sending is needed.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM

Wait till you guys see the fuck up by the linesman/refs in the Avalanche-Predators game....oh boy it's a doozie.....and this is coming from an Avalanche fan....
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Saw it.... just, wow.

In case photo post bombed

https://twitter.com/diamondhockey/st...547522/photo/1

Last edited by Coldrice; 02-18-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM

The ref actually ruled that it went off a predator before it crossed the line, so it wasn't considered offsides.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Carolina lost their game in hand to Montreal, 3-0.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
It looks to me like he pushes his skate towards the board, not towards the ground, so that would be a good start.

At any rate, no hearing. I'm a little upset there is no hearing. If you determine complete accident, alright. But for someone with such a history of intentionally trying to injure people, I would think at least a hearing when he takes out the best player on a potential rival playoff team.
This.

It's not only "non-discerning" viewers who don't like this hit; I'm walking proof. Every angle shows the same thing. After reviewing the hit again focusing on Cooke's eyes, I didn't detect any looking for the leg, but rather he's looking the other way. That would mitigate things in Cooke's favor at the hearing they're not having for some inexplicable reason. Regardless, it's still extreme carelessness that Cooke is guilty of IMO. We can imagine if he'd somehow unintentionally ended a guy's season using his stick, they'd definitely say "Hey pal, guess what: accident or no, you still get some kind of punishment since everyone knows you're supposed to be in control of your stick blade."

"But not your skate blades, for Jake's sake??!?" we can hear the hockey world roaring in unison. Explain THAT one, NHL.

Here, taking everything into account I've somewhat come off the position of intent to injure, though I'm in the camp that just doesn't see that forward drive with the skate blade toward the boards as being that natural of a movement. That skate would have naturally been seeking the ice instead IMO, plus you know the other guy's legs are probably there somewhere, making this supremely careless even if not intentional

They could always have the hearing and then still not suspend him based on his answers, maybe just a fine for carelessness...I agree his history demands at least the hearing
--US Atty. Gen. Eric Holder revealing his thought-control regime aimed at citizens wishing to protect themselves from violent criminals, such as tyrannical government bureaucrats believing their function is to brainwash citizens into passive obedience, illustrating unwittingly yet with convincing precision the Founders' wisdom in crafting the 2nd Amendment

Last edited by Top Shelf; 02-19-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ver-hossa-hit/

After the concussion Hossa got last year from Torres this is scary for him. Definitely got the elbow up so there has to be some discipline for Hansen
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ver-hossa-hit/

After the concussion Hossa got last year from Torres this is scary for him. Definitely got the elbow up so there has to be some discipline for Hansen
HAS to? Come on, have you seen the things they are letting go this year?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
HAS to? Come on, have you seen the things they are letting go this year?
Agreed that the NHL has been VERY inconsistent with discipline. But in this case with a very blatant elbow and the head as the principle point of contact I will be absolutely shocked if there isn't discipline.
Closed Thread