BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrice View Post
This move is, however, yet another roster "body" so that, by my guess, leaves 1 slot open. Correct?
He is on a one-way contract, so that's 11 forwards on one-way contracts. If you believe that J.T. Brown is a roster lock, then yes that leaves one forward slot open assuming the team carries 8 defensemen on the roster.

Of course, Tyrell is one of those forwards on a one-way contract and perhaps he starts the season on IR, so maybe there's still two open slots. Hard to guess at this point on Dana's recovery.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Interesting... like Conacher, another player that deals with diabetes

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=553104
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
He is on a one-way contract, so that's 11 forwards on one-way contracts. If you believe that J.T. Brown is a roster lock, then yes that leaves one forward slot open assuming the team carries 8 defensemen on the roster.

Of course, Tyrell is one of those forwards on a one-way contract and perhaps he starts the season on IR. Dunno.
Carrying 8 dmen would include Ohlund, correct? Any word on him at all? I she off IR starting next year?

So, one spot left with Connolly, Conacher, and Killorn with an outside shot then?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Got traded on his birthday. He's 27 today. Happy birthday, BJ.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Now that I saw someone mention it, yeah, this is so Labrie can stay in Syracuse. Maybe Wyman, too. Will bring some grit to the lower lines and has more dimensions to his game then, say, Hall.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Carrying 8 dmen would include Ohlund, correct? Any word on him at all? I she off IR starting next year?

So, one spot left with Connolly, Conacher, and Killorn with an outside shot then?
Ohlund still can't even skate for all practical purposes. I suspect he's done and will join Tyrell on the IR list starting the season.

We shall C on that one
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post

No. The 8 assume Ohlund on IR. The 8 would be Carle, Hedman, Brewer, Salo, Lee, Mikkelson, Bergeron, and Aulie. Only Aulie is on a two-way deal, but has to clear waivers. The rest are on one-way contracts.

Yes, the ones IMO that are fighting for the one forward slot would include J.T. Wyman, Kyle Wilson, Connolly, Conacher, and Killorn. Connolly, Wilson and Wyman are frontrunners IMO because of NHL games played, with Wyman having actually played a bit as 3rd line center last season along with some time on Vinny's wing. All of these guys are on two-way contracts with Wilson and Wyman needing to clear waivers.

Wilson is a dark horse here. Plays center. Has some offensive tools. A real Trevor Smith type of player. Probably heading to Syracuse, but he got lost in the Barry Trotz mystery doghouse that no one seems to understand. He's got potential.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Keefamania!

He's a big body forward who plays physical (which this team definitely needs) and fights. I read that he had 17 fighting majors in 2010-2011 so that tells me he will drop em with anyone. Also, from watching Blues in the past year's playoffs, he was definitely a feisty presence on the ice and based on what I read from StL side he is a very good presence in locker room.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
He's a big body forward who plays physical (which this team definitely needs) and fights. I read that he had 17 fighting majors in 2010-2011 so that tells me he will drop em with anyone. Also, from watching Blues in the past year's playoffs, he was definitely a feisty presence on the ice and based on what I read from StL side he is a very good presence in locker room.
No sir. He will not fight "anyone"....he stays within his size and/or fighting ability.

He was also able to play that type of game because the Blues also had Reaves, Stewart, and Nichol.

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 07-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Administrator

For those of you looking for a scouting report, here's what Forecaster says about Crombeen

ASSETS: Has good size and likes to play a physical, up-and-down game. Has a meat-and-potatoes attitude, defensive acumen and a bundle of energy when on the ice.

FLAWS: Struggles when given too much ice time because of a general lack of top-end skills and offensive instincts. Has a tendency to take bad penalties.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Rugged agitating winger with defensive acumen.