BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

There's no reason for him to take a 2 way either. Might as well just come out & say it's not happening.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
There's no reason for him to take a 2 way either. Might as well just come out & say it's not happening.
He could do a 2 way and request a release, or a loan to Europe. He would be coming here to make the Lightning and it sounds as if he is further ahead than anyone else we have.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Every goalie that comes to tampa instantly plateaus, my opinion of course. They need to work on a very strong top 4 before worrying about the second coming of Goalie. Like someone else said, look at who made the conference finals in the NHL. How many scoring titles are there combined in the 4 teams? Goalies flourish in their systems because defense is first. Even the Ads got stronger when they added stronger D, of course it added to a crazy offense though.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

If I were helenius, I woulnd't take 2-way contract. If we trade garon away(for example garon +1st for schneider), than I'm fine with 1way contract for him.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Two way doesn't make any sense.

1. We sign him to a two way and bring in a Schneider/Bernier as well
A. he gets sent down and hurts Tic/Janus development.
B. he uses out clause and returns to Europe
2. We don't sign anybody else, he'll make the team by default

Basically if you sign Helenius, he's coming to play. If you have any reservations and intend to pick up another goalie, than he'll be left out in the cold. Unless you intend to deal Garon on top of that.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
1. We sign him to a two way and bring in a Schneider/Bernier as well.
Last we all heard is that Schneider is being kept by the Nucks. Bernier does not have to be moved. Why bundled the farm and or picks for either of these guys if one can't be moved and the other is still a prospect?

I hate to break it to everyone but the pickings are very slim for a goalie this year. Volkum is an option, but he may not stay in NA.

Now trade Garon, sign Volkum and add Helenius
Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Last we all heard is that Schneider is being kept by the Nucks. Bernier does not have to be moved. Why bundled the farm and or picks for either of these guys if one can't be moved and the other is still a prospect?

I hate to break it to everyone but the pickings are very slim for a goalie this year. Volkum is an option, but he may not stay in NA.

Now trade Garon, sign Volkum and add Helenius
I wanted Vokoun at first, but not sure Yzerman would take a flier on another goalie showing signs of decline. Harding would be a good fit. Solidifying the defense I think comes first though.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Two way doesn't make any sense.

1. We sign him to a two way and bring in a Schneider/Bernier as well
A. he gets sent down and hurts Tic/Janus development.
B. he uses out clause and returns to Europe
2. We don't sign anybody else, he'll make the team by default

Basically if you sign Helenius, he's coming to play. If you have any reservations and intend to pick up another goalie, than he'll be left out in the cold. Unless you intend to deal Garon on top of that.
This.

One way deal would be fine.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

don't get me wrong, I want riku back, but two years ago he left because he was low on the depth chart. Behind janus and tokarski. has he surpassed those two since than? Has he earned that contract? I know we probably have to give him a 1way contract so that he comes over again, but I don't think he is better than one of them
Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
don't get me wrong, I want riku back, but two years ago he left because he was low on the depth chart. Behind janus and tokarski. has he surpassed those two since than? Has he earned that contract? I know we probably have to give him a 1way contract so that he comes over again, but I don't think he is better than one of them
And we all know how much are goaltenders have sucked and have openly wondered if it is the coaching they are getting here. Look no further than Mike Smith.

Someone has been watching him or SY would not be saying he is interested in him, unless it is a smoke screen, which is something I do not think SY would do to a player.

At this point I am glad SY is leaving all options open and is leaving no stone unturned.