Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Default Mayhem reigns in Stanley Cup playoffs

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/04/...-cup-playoffs/
Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Yes

He should watch the Bolts games during the regular season and see Marty get beat up, then tell us about how bad the refereeing is in the league and how the refs play favorites. Dang look at the ECF game where Horton and Lucic sucker punched our guys and then after game 6 when Horton threw water on a fan and got away with it. Maybe they should start fineing the refs for obvious missed calls. But it is way overboard right now.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

To me this starts at the top. Nobody knows what is suspendable and what is not. Therefore, the refs don't know what is serious and what is not, trickling down to the players. And when someone gets nearly killed on a drity dirty play, and the refs and league do nothing, it just boils over. Basically nobody is being held accountable (management, refs, and players) for what is going on, so no order is being held. You want things to not look like the Collisseum, get Shannhan to show consistancy. Why is this no suspension:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

While this is:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Why is this 2 games:
+ YouTube Video

While this is 3:

+ YouTube Video

I'm ignoring things like Carkner which I can't even think of an equal (yeah, one game, psh). But compare these things and explain why the disciplines are different. Shannahan straightens it out, I think it will help a ton for the refs and players.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM

*grrrr* The f'ing Bruins series from last season. I had tucked those bad memories away...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Well, with the Backstrom/Asham penalties, and the Neal/what I'm sure to be Torres penalty, all I know is I'm glad Shannahan and the rest of the NHL has no say in the real judicial system. Attmepted murder would be a 30 day suspended sentence.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47080119/ns/sports-nhl/
Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 PM
WaiverWire

Torres is SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY

Quote:
The hearing, which had been planned for Wednesday, was deferred at the request of Torres and the NHL Players' Association.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393534
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Send a message via AIM to Sean

I can't understand how Neal had a hearing for TWO incidents and ends up with ONE game.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I can't understand how Neal had a hearing for TWO incidents and ends up with ONE game.
Simple, Neal go nothing for the first hit. Shannahan said he accepted Neal's explanation that he was turning back into the offensive zone, they collided, and Neal left his feet to brace for impact. You would think I am making this up. Seriously, go watch the video. Hollywood can't write this.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Does anyone remember when Shanahan was handing out 9 and 5 game suspensions? That strictness sure lasted.

Like anyone, I like big hits, fights, and good playoff storylines but I, in no way, can really support that BS that is taking place in the 2012 playoffs. It just makes hockey look bad and someone is going to get hurt real bad... unless, you know, Shanahan's monstrous and fair suspensions will scare them away.