BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrice View Post
Westgarth traded from Kings to Hurricanes for Anthony Stewart, a 4th in 2013, and a 6th in 2014. Good move... closer to "home". Good kid.
Good for Kevin, I've been waiting to see what Westy can do vs some real heavyweights, should make for some good games vs Florida (Parros), Sabres (Scott) and Islanders (Carkner).
Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Some ex Bolts on waivers, Desjardins, Ellis and Smaby. Gilroy signs with the Rags. And, yes, thefly, I do think someone will take a flyer on Ranger, but will have to be convinced that his comeback is serious.

Last edited by nutznboltz; 01-13-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Fans have short memories

https://twitter.com/Panger40/status/290528709767753728
Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I would imagine most would dislike the owners, and Buttman, not the players.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
I would imagine most would dislike the owners, and Buttman, not the players.
Key word, "owners." I don't think this hurt Vinik at all. If possible, he is even more respected now than before the lockout. He was seen as the moderate as part of the owner's group that met with the players a few weeks before the resolution of the lockout. He continued the community hero program, not laying off staff, the paid holiday vacation, etc.

You didn't include the Fehr brothers in your list. I'm not sure that they would get any better reception than Bettman right now.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Key word, "owners." I don't think this hurt Vinik at all. If possible, he is even more respected now than before the lockout. He was seen as the moderate as part of the owner's group that met with the players a few weeks before the resolution of the lockout. He continued the community hero program, not laying off staff, the paid holiday vacation, etc.

You didn't include the Fehr brothers in your list. I'm not sure that they would get any better reception than Bettman right now.
I doubt there are many "older" baseball fans that are also hockey fans who would remember/hate the Fehr bros. I am an avowed liberal but they are waaaaay too left for me.

These are the guys who give unions a bad name.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post

I kind of agree, but there's a difference between being the bad guy because you're trying to get things done (Fehr), and being the bad guy, just because you're a dick (Buttman).
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I doubt there are many "older" baseball fans that are also hockey fans who would remember/hate the Fehr bros. I am an avowed liberal but they are waaaaay too left for me.
(Didn't know that was possible...it's not too late though)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

We need an ATNHL 2013 Season Thread....

Quote:
Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

NYI claim Joe Finley off waivers from BUF. No other players claimed from yesterday's waivers.

Today's waivers: E Oberg (TB). G Desbiens, P Mullen (VAN). S Legein, D Meckler, M-A Cliche, T Hickey (LAK). J Pearce, F Pare (DET).

F Wathier, M Fortunas, L Gazdic, T Morin, T Petersen, T Sloan (DAL). S Backman, N McIver, M Watkins, T Wishart (NYI).

More waivers: M Ford, D Syvret (PHI). B Lerg, S Sullivan, B Thomas (COL). P-L Letourneau-Leblond (ANA). T Eckford, H Jessiman, N Lawson (OTT

And WSH: R Potulny, Z Hamill, M Clackson, D Sabourin, P McNeill, G Stafford, K Marshall.

Erik Erlendsson‏@erlendssonTBO

Per @TSNBobMcKenzie Evan Oberg on waivers today, therefore ending #Oberging in training camp even before it starts
Old 01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Fistric traded

Quote:
Josh Rimer‏@JoshRimerHockey

Minor Trade RT @TheFourthPeriod: Stars/Oilers complete a trade... Stars send D Mark Fistric to the Oilers for a 2013 3rd round pick.
And...

Quote:
James Mirtle‏@mirtle

Canucks have signed defenceman Jim Vandermeer.
Closed Thread