BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,121
Default

Aren't you the same SmittyFan1 who eventually came around to hating Smitty too? How does that look now? That said Connolly deserves plenty of criticism, just chill a little and keep it on the level. It's his first season as a pro. Ideally he'll get some time in the A next season, which wasn't an option now.
  #22  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is online now
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 2,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyFan1 View Post
I have big shoulders, I can take it, so go ahead at rip me a new one. I HATE CONNOLLY!!!!! I hated when SFY drafted him. I hated the fact that he made this team. I hated him all season long/ I will hate him until I die. Skinner, Campbell, and Fowler will, in my opinion will be better NHL players when it is all said and done. I read all of Pete's after game articles, and 49 out of 50 times, he has no points and a minus rating for the game. The 3 guys mentioned by me, were taken after him in the draft, and I thought were better players. Again just my stupid opinion. It is worth what you paid for it.......nothing. Did I mention I hate Brett Connolly?
I'm curious, did you feel the same way about Stamkos before Tocchet stuck him on a program to develop his game? Because honestly, I think that is exactly how Connolly looks (no, I'm not saying he will be as good as Stamkos). But to me, it has looked like our coaching staff has really failed him. You can't play a guy 3-4 minutes a game for half the season and expect him to learn and develop.

And I'm curious, what do you base your opinion on? If I remember the draft correctly, all the experts called this pick a steal if the kid stays healthy. These are guys who are former scouts, watch alll the junior games, etc.

Finally, dear God man, how can you hate a teenager you have never met? What, did he run over your dog or something? Jesus Christ, I didn't realize someone could have this amount of anger at a kid 67 games in his career.
  #23  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Alex's Avatar
Alex Alex is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,187
Default

Connolly made a mistake. A costly one, but how many players go a full game without making a mistake? He and the coaching staff will move on.

I can see where the hate for Connolly exists but I'm not ready to say other players should have been drafted over him. Sure it looks like that now, but the kid is young and still learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post

Yes, because GDTs never, ever get dragged OT.
In fairness, this board has a better on-topic ratio than many, many other places I've been.
  #24  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Bolts4Lyfe's Avatar
Bolts4Lyfe Bolts4Lyfe is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oldsmar, FL
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
In all seriousness, based on this and other posts, I'm not sure sports are really your thing (or in your best interest). Developing tendencies like this can't be healthy over the long haul.
In all seriousness, that was beyond uneccessary. He actually made total, logical sense. If you have such a problem with people stating their opinions, maybe sports forums aren't YOUR thing. You're probably irrelevant in the real world, so in order to feel like you have even a shred of importantance, you come on a forum, hide behind your keyboard and act like whoever doesn't have the same views as you is an idiot and you try to bring them down and try to make them feel like they don't know a thing about sports. Honestly, Connolly does suck. I guess a little fan boy is blind to that, though. In all honesty, people like you are the reason I, and many other people don't have a good time on this forum anymore and don't want to state their opinion because they know people like you will be an asshole about it. Criticize someone when Connolly comes out of a game with a plus rating and maybe when he scores on the opposing goalie, and not ours.
  #25  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Avery86's Avatar
Avery86 Avery86 is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,954
Default

Uh. Wow. Where did all this unsolicited hate and anger come from? Especially over Brett freaking Connolly, a teenage rookie in his first professional season. A rookie with no option to be in Norfolk and no point being in PG. Reading these posts, you'd think he's the sole reason for this non-playoff season.

Absolutely no patience.
  #26  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
WaiverWire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Uh. Wow. Where did all this unsolicited hate and anger come from? Especially over Brett freaking Connolly, a teenage rookie in his first professional season. A rookie with no option to be in Norfolk and no point being in PG. Reading these posts, you'd think he's the sole reason for this non-playoff season.

Absolutely no patience.
I was looking for a nice way to respond to the remarks, but you did a very nice job for me
  #27  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Flycoon's Avatar
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Dan Ellis' Money Problems
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,759
Default

Was there a hockey game last night?
  #28  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Bolts4Lyfe's Avatar
Bolts4Lyfe Bolts4Lyfe is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oldsmar, FL
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Uh. Wow. Where did all this unsolicited hate and anger come from? Especially over Brett freaking Connolly, a teenage rookie in his first professional season. A rookie with no option to be in Norfolk and no point being in PG. Reading these posts, you'd think he's the sole reason for this non-playoff season.

Absolutely no patience.
My anger has nothing to do with Brett. It has to do with some of the condescending assholes on here. I've always seen it, but I've never said anything. I just think it's ridiculous that someone can't come to a forum that says it's a friendly community, without being afraid of being attacked when they speak ther mind.
  #29  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is online now
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 2,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Lyfe View Post
In all seriousness, that was beyond uneccessary. He actually made total, logical sense. If you have such a problem with people stating their opinions, maybe sports forums aren't YOUR thing. You're probably irrelevant in the real world, so in order to feel like you have even a shred of importantance, you come on a forum, hide behind your keyboard and act like whoever doesn't have the same views as you is an idiot and you try to bring them down and try to make them feel like they don't know a thing about sports. Honestly, Connolly does suck. I guess a little fan boy is blind to that, though. In all honesty, people like you are the reason I, and many other people don't have a good time on this forum anymore and don't want to state their opinion because they know people like you will be an asshole about it. Criticize someone when Connolly comes out of a game with a plus rating and maybe when he scores on the opposing goalie, and not ours.
And you call him uneccessary? Those are pretty personal attacks there. You want to state an opinion that Connolly sucks, that's one thing. You go off about hating the guy and hating him until the day you die, that's quite a bit different, hence Zo's retort.

You say fan boys are blind. I could say people who hate may be blinder than anyone. Problem is in hockey more than maybe any other sport (other than maybe baseball), it takes time to develop unless you are a Super Star player. Connolly has had one pro season and couldn't be in the minors. What did you really expect? Seguin's first year he had VERY similar stats. Does he suck? Daniel Sedin didn't break the 50 point mark til his 4th season. Henrik until his 5th season (not counting the lockout year where he was playing professional in Europe). Heck, Joe Thornton had 7 points in 55 games his first year. Double heck, Marty had a total of 20 points his first 69 games (which were spread out across 2 seasons with AHL in the middle). According to your logic, they suck, and should be completely given up on. Point being, it is pretty ridiculous to make judgements after two thirds of a season, especially when half that time he was playing like 5 minutes or less a game.
  #30  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
The Great Zo's Avatar
The Great Zo The Great Zo is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 3,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Lyfe View Post
In all seriousness, that was beyond uneccessary. He actually made total, logical sense.
Hatred is never logical.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.