BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyFan1 View Post
I have big shoulders, I can take it, so go ahead at rip me a new one. I HATE CONNOLLY!!!!! I hated when SFY drafted him. I hated the fact that he made this team. I hated him all season long/ I will hate him until I die. Skinner, Campbell, and Fowler will, in my opinion will be better NHL players when it is all said and done. I read all of Pete's after game articles, and 49 out of 50 times, he has no points and a minus rating for the game. The 3 guys mentioned by me, were taken after him in the draft, and I thought were better players. Again just my stupid opinion. It is worth what you paid for it.......nothing. Did I mention I hate Brett Connolly?
In all seriousness, based on this and other posts, I'm not sure sports are really your thing (or in your best interest). Developing tendencies like this can't be healthy over the long haul.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Nice FRICKING goal Connolly. Oh wait wrong FRICKING GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! The guy just plain sucks.
Quote:
I have big shoulders, I can take it, so go ahead at rip me a new one. I HATE CONNOLLY!!!!! I hated when SFY drafted him. I hated the fact that he made this team. I hated him all season long/ I will hate him until I die. Skinner, Campbell, and Fowler will, in my opinion will be better NHL players when it is all said and done. I read all of Pete's after game articles, and 49 out of 50 times, he has no points and a minus rating for the game. The 3 guys mentioned by me, were taken after him in the draft, and I thought were better players. Again just my stupid opinion. It is worth what you paid for it.......nothing. Did I mention I hate Brett Connolly?
THANK YOU! I have not posted on here about it because I know that it seems everyone on BP loves Connolly and would flame the crap out of me, but he is not good! I know he is young and I really do hope he develops into a great player, but I don't see the skill, work ethic, or potential in him. When he get's scoring chances, he can never finish on them... Not a good player at all.

Go ahead and flame away, I understand he has potential but I don't understand how everyone can continue to support him and say he is coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
In all seriousness, based on this and other posts, I'm not sure sports are really your thing (or in your best interest). Developing tendencies like this can't be healthy over the long haul.
That was unnecessary.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Cooper's Law

I'm fine with Connolly. Personally wished we had taken Skinner but if not for his injury Connolly would be battling with Hall and Seguin for number one. He reminds me of Panik in that when he wants to be he looks amazing but his consistency is terrible.

Over on HFB(yes, yes I know) most Tampa fans seem content with Connolly and Detroit's 1st for Schneider, I'd be fine with this but personally I'd rather use that pick on Vasilevski(highly doubt he's there when we pick in the 2nd).
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

That was unnecessary.[/quote]

Thank you but I knew going forth with the post would ruffle some feathers but this is a "Forum" to express opinions. I now how 99% of Lightning fans have a hard on for this guy. I have bit my tongue all season long. After 81 of 82 games being played this season, this guy has no business playing in the NHL. I just pray to God, the Bolts can package him, along with Detroit's first round pick to get Schneider. If a person can't express an opinion here, this site should be shut down. Last time I checked...... oh wait I see where it says "BoltPospects Community Forums" up in the left hand corner of this reply page on my computer. I am sorry I thought a "Forum" was a place to voice opinions. My mistake, this is where a fan goes to sugarcoat what went wrong in a game/ season. Sorry to offend anyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Captain Poke Check

There's nothing wrong with doubting Connolly's talent or thinking the Lightning should've taken someone else in the draft, having a full blown meltdown and saying you're going to hate him until you die is psychotic and pathetic.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There's nothing wrong with doubting Connolly's talent or thinking the Lightning should've taken someone else in the draft, having a full blown meltdown and saying you're going to hate him until you die is psychotic and pathetic.
Thank you Dr. Matt, I look forward in reading your articles in the American Journal of Psychiatry. I am sure you have a wealth of knowledge to share. Much appreciated and have a good day.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
That was unnecessary.

Thank you but I knew going forth with the post would ruffle some feathers but this is a "Forum" to express opinions. I now how 99% of Lightning fans have a hard on for this guy. I have bit my tongue all season long. After 81 of 82 games being played this season, this guy has no business playing in the NHL. I just pray to God, the Bolts can package him, along with Detroit's first round pick to get Schneider. If a person can't express an opinion here, this site should be shut down. Last time I checked...... oh wait I see where it says "BoltPospects Community Forums" up in the left hand corner of this reply page on my computer. I am sorry I thought a "Forum" was a place to voice opinions. My mistake, this is where a fan goes to sugarcoat what went wrong in a game/ season. Sorry to offend anyone.
I feel ya, man. I've held my tongue for so long because I know how everyone on here loves him so much. I just don't see it.

Quote:
I think it was more of a joke but I don't know...
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
Thank you too Zo. Your expertise is invaluable and is appreciated. You have a great day as well, kind sir ( I hope you are a sir or I will be wiping egg from my face)
Old 04-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Is this thread still about the game in TOR where Stamkos hit 60--I mean 59?

Speaking of which, thanks go out to Tom Pyatt from his fans here at the BP Forum for making the last game of the season not be totally meaningless: If he tries really hard, he can unselfishly rescue a teammate, Nate Thompson, from having the worst +/- among all forwards and 2nd worst on the whole team. Even if he doesn't manage that feat, at least we'll have all summer to relish his dream season, reaching that Historic Milestone of a dozen goals in a single season.

Oh yeah, and Stamkos might yet hit 60 after all. Go Bolts!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It also invites flaming when people would otherwise just ignore the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Is this thread still about the game in TOR where Stamkos hit 60--I mean 59?
Yes, because GDTs never, ever get dragged OT.
Closed Thread