BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Methinks not many players like Hunter. Remember the discipline problems they had under Boudreau? Hunter hasn't addressed them at all, IMO.
Gotta be something going on still if a big (for them) player like Semin is giving off such 'tude where it's visible to members of the media. There are some fundamental issues that they are just not addressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Let them have their moment of shine. Even in their finest hour, they needed Tampa's help and further proof of their emasculated impotence. It will be as short lived as the Thrashers' 0-4 playoff run a few years ago. A organization already fading from all memory. Yzerman is building a dynasty and the weight of the Lightning's future dominance will force the Kitties to relocate to some far away locale.

And in some not-so-distant future, my children will have no recollection that the most irrelevant sports franchise in the history of man ever even existed in South Florida. Sure, there will be some lore and mysterious tales of some God-forsaken and God-hated smattering of a sub-humaniod race known as PantherNation, but no relics of this tribe or evidence of its existence will ever be found. As I grow old, my grandchildren will come and ask me about this team that won the 2011-12 SE division title, and I will simply stare blankly in space and mutter, "I can't remember who won that title, but Stamkos scored 60 that year." And my grandchildren will answer in puzzled astonishment, "Wow, that was a down year for him."
You are outdoing yourself, sir.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Gotta be something going on still if a big (for them) player like Semin is giving off such 'tude where it's visible to members of the media. There are some fundamental issues that they are just not addressing.
When ice time has been messed up as it has been in Wash, it doesn't surprise me guys are annoyed. But, I agree with you that there are fundamental issues not being addressed. The team needs discipline, period. Keenan, Bowman, Hitchcock, etc.

I also think about how much control Hunter had when he was in London.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Beautiful

That was just beautiful Tim.

Oh semi ugly evening tonight, was at a meeting with a bunch of teachers, and one young lady made the statement that there should be no hockey south of the mason Dixon line because we have no real winter. I asked her who she rooted and, of course, said the bruins, and then told me how they have gone to all the bruin games here and that the only people who come to the Bolts games are those who root forbthe visiting team. I told her she had a parochial attitude and clearly had no real knowledgebofnour fan base and that we have more consecutive sell outs than her team. I would have said more but she is pregnant and I decided to be a gentleman. I did tell her I was glad my kids would never have her as a teacher, she also said we have no high school fans...how stupid and when I told her about the high school, combined, teams we have she just laughed and said she knew but they were not very good and not like up north. Man what crap. Sorry I had to get that off my chest.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post

Oh semi ugly evening tonight, was at a meeting with a bunch of teachers, and one young lady made the statement that there should be no hockey south of the mason Dixon line because we have no real winter. I asked her who she rooted and, of course, said the bruins, and then told me how they have gone to all the bruin games here and that the only people who come to the Bolts games are those who root forbthe visiting team. I told her she had a parochial attitude and clearly had no real knowledgebofnour fan base and that we have more consecutive sell outs than her team. I would have said more but she is pregnant and I decided to be a gentleman. I did tell her I was glad my kids would never have her as a teacher, she also said we have no high school fans...how stupid and when I told her about the high school, combined, teams we have she just laughed and said she knew but they were not very good and not like up north. Man what crap. Sorry I had to get that off my chest.
Ugh, wish people with such attitudes wouldn't move down here. Hope you educated her a little!

Quote:
the only people who come to the Bolts games are those who root forbthe visiting team
Such utter BS
Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM
WaiverWire

She's a Boston fan, I'm sure she already thinks she knows everything
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
She's a Boston fan, I'm sure she already thinks she knows everything
What a typical NE sports fan.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post

The WORST area HS football or baseball team from an area public school would demolish and MASS HS. Basketball, not so much.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

From Tarik El-Bashir of WaPo:

Quote:
Mike Green on getting robbed by Tampa Bay's Dwayne Roloson on Monday: "I couldn't sleep."
Old 04-04-2012, 07:15 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the expressions of disgust all. I am glad I did not get mad, she is pregnant and I certainly did not want to cause undue stress on her limited mental capabilities. I was really surprised by her attitude though.