BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

So remember that time we had 3 separate 1 goal leads in this game?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Okay, while it was kinda weak of a call for a 5 on 3 in a 6-3 game, that was still a dumb as hell hold by Brewer there, sheesh.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I'd like to know why the play was called dead with the puck sitting clearly in the crease.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Bouncing off a goalie's skate = possession apparently.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Lol

Lol Hoek, being a little bit snarky is a good thing...keeps people guessing.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Well that was entertaining at least to watch in person Some mostly-meaningless-at-this-point-except-for-looking forward in person observations:

Did anyone else catch Caron coming in after the 4th goal, getting nearly to the crease, and then getting called back while Roli stayed it. I couldn't stop laughing. I imagined Boucher rethinking that: "Wait, this guy's gonna be even worse!"

Thought Roli was alright except for the Charmin soft point shots that got past him. Can't fault him on the others at all.

Pete may give me an infraction for this... but I watched Aulie very closely, more so than just about anyone else, and I thought he looked pretty good. Couple nice hits. He didn't look Malik-esque.

Nice to have Vinny back. DC mentioned in the game notes that he FINALLY feels like all the range of motion is back in his shoulder. Craziness. Matt Cooke could find a cure for cancer and AIDS and I'd still hate him.

I thought Hedman looked great. Made a great move to set up Malone's first goal. Although some people will still hate him for not paralyzing ten Devils coming across the blue line
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

It isn't hate, and with his size he absolutely SHOULD hit people coming across the blue line

Also, would somebody please tell little Marc Joannette the ref--God I cringe when I see that name--that when a guy is in alone on a breakaway with the puck, no one between him and the goalie, and an opponent catches up to him and gives him the can-opener in the crotch from behind while hooking his hands, that's something called a penalty shot. And, you wait to blow your shiny little tweety-thingie AFTER the offending team plays the puck, not while we're still whacking and hacking away at it in the crease. Basic, Ref 101 stuff. Where'd they get this guy, some AHAUS rec league? Chief must've been a little deep into the Canadian ginger ale, not to have gone apoplectic over that one, a classic textbook example of penalty shot
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Okay, while it was kinda weak of a call for a 5 on 3 in a 6-3 game, that was still a dumb as hell hold by Brewer there, sheesh.
Atrocious refs, again. TB was getting fouled left and right and barely a call to be had.

I don't think the refs cost TB the game, but they did rub some salt in the wound.