BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Defense sucks, refs suck, goalies suck, commentators suck.....and I think that about covers it? That's about all I can take. Hackett out.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Default call sucked and yet

we bang the Bruin into our own G twice. There are no first line D men playing for Tampa tonight. Clark on the PP makes our options very limited. Labrie must be filling the role of Ohlund and Kubina to keep the slowest player possible on ice? Dude has no skills and is not a threat to keep any Bruin honest with liberties taken with our skill players. Neither Aulie nor Lee look like anything better than future 6th or 7th dmen.

To be brutually honest our guys cannot find the puck or make a pass that continues forward momentum. We stop, skate back or pass back and still struggle to move the puck up ice. We need a puck mover more than anything except for a G of the future. Great Roli effort again that goes unrewarded, ditto for Tokarski as against the Caps and on and on. Whole team seems a bit dead legged or down in the dumps?? lots of weak links in the chain tonight.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

The waterboys couldn't manage a miracle two nights in a row.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Default Sigh

Positives, Stammer gets 55 and we improve our draft position. Boy does SFY have some work to do in the offseason, we need some Dmen who hit and move people out of the crease...and better goaltending. Sigh.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Impossible to distinguish that broadcast from one targeted solely at the Boston market on their local channel. For balanced coverage, if they're gonna have Milbury slobbering & pimping the Bs all night, in fairness they need to have Chief there too, giving the alternate view. Point/Counterpoint. The cruncher for me was when Roloson made this absolutely jaw-dropping, magnificent save, and Milbury goes "Good TRY" -- on the part of the shooter! Completely blind to the most dazzling save of the game.

Crying for a penalty shot when the guy was never fully in the clear...stumbled...then got checked from the side? Yeah right--and that wasn't blatant goalie interference that the refs talked about and were about to call until they realized you can only do that against the Lightning. (At the very least it was incidental contact, in the crease, no goal, faceoff outside the zone)

Stammer should've shot when he had a wide open opportunity at the end of the second to go up 2-1, with nobody but the goalie to beat, no passing lanesand 2 guys charging down the slot for a rebound, instead of forcing an awkward forehand dish through a keyhole to Purcell, who couldn't make a play

Wicked bit of deception there on the part of the coach to play Roli at the last minute, to throw the Bruins off. Worked like a charm for two periods. Oh well. Now vs. the Devils on Thu we'll finally see Caron. Maybe
Old 03-28-2012, 06:17 AM

The Lightning's playoff chances have dropped to 15.4%.

If they win out, that is.

Otherwise, mathematical elimination is just a game or two away.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
The Lightning's playoff chances have dropped to 15.4%.

If they win out, that is.

Otherwise, mathematical elimination is just a game or two away.
Is that decimal point in the right place? (Maybe I'm just being dense, it's early)
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

the puppy said it was .6 yesterday....

I'm with aap--the Bruins (and their homer announcers+Milbury) are becoming my second least favorite team, behind MTL. Their cheap sh## antics are tolerable once in a while, but its become part of their game plan.

Lucic blew a gasket for the whole game because MSL gave him a good one in the first; and then 91 potted the loose puck MSL created with a good, clean whack on him. After that, he was like a loose cannon out there.

I'll give Chara credit though, he had a couple of opptys to run Marty later in the game and held back.

I hope they get dumped in the first round.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Cool tweet

Quote:
Paul Kelly ‏ @PKellyhockey
Steven Stamkos is not only a remarkable talent, but a great ambassador for the game. Two goals tonight (#54 and 55) vs. Stanley Cup champs.
Add this to what JR said Monday nite on NBCSports... good to hear despite the results this season, team wise.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJB View Post
I had no problems with last night's crew, but everything Milbury says makes me want to throw something at the TV.
This. The other guys are hit-or-miss, but that guy makes me ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
And no way did Marchand deserve a penalty shot, it was almost a great play by Aulie.
For sure. That was not a penalty shot-awarding play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Blocks goalie out of the crease=good goal.
No kidding. WTF is the point? Why isn't the play reviewable? The BOS player did nothing to try to get out of the crease. Should have been a no-goal, no-penalty, take a face-off situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Um, no. That happens because our defensemen are all lightsaber waving pansies and won't clear the crease
You know the instant TB cleared the crease they'd be penalized.