BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:33 PM
WaiverWire

Just my thoughts from the game. What is wrong with Marty? He is a turn over king right now. There were also several times when he fell down and it took forever to get up. If he had moved quicker he had a chance to jump on the puck several times. I would not mind a quicker body on the first line that also can give some jam like Connolly. At least it is worth a shot.

I really love Tic. However he does need another year in the "A". I think SY still has to get that true #1 goalie and use Garon as the back up he was meant to be. Then in 2013-2014 give Tic a shot as the back up.

this was a hard game to watch, but once again we get out hustled to the puck and then hit the hot goalie.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Just my thoughts from the game. What is wrong with Marty? He is a turn over king right now. There were also several times when he fell down and it took forever to get up. If he had moved quicker he had a chance to jump on the puck several times. I would not mind a quicker body on the first line that also can give some jam like Connolly. At least it is worth a shot.

I really love Tic. However he does need another year in the "A". I think SY still has to get that true #1 goalie and use Garon as the back up he was meant to be. Then in 2013-2014 give Tic a shot as the back up.

this was a hard game to watch, but once again we get out hustled to the puck and then hit the hot goalie.
Past few games have been like that with Marty. Playing injured? Missing Vinny?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 PM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
It's been closer to month now, He kills me to watch him and then he makes one great play that leads to a goal.

Others are putting their top lines against him and I wonder if it would be wise to move him down a slot and try someone else with Stammer and Purcell.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
I think the astronomical amounts of ice time he's logging can't be helping. Tired players make more boneheaded plays. Stammer seems a little gassed as well. Getting Vinny back and spreading ice time around more democratically should help.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Chainsaw Charlie

Ridiculous ice time + age + missing his buddy Vinny + the grind of a season = tired and lonely marty who turns over the puck and falls down a lot

Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMite26 View Post
Ridiculous ice time + age + missing his buddy Vinny + the grind of a season = tired and lonely marty who turns over the puck and falls down a lot

Somebody get Marty a hug!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Does anyone remember what Skinner's 10 minute misconduct penalty was for at the end of the game? I was there, I just didn't see what happened.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 AM
John Tortorella's Binky

Default pressure has gotten to them

those that have been here all year look to br TIGHT. MSL is slow more turnover prone than we are used to seeing, but that has returned him to the sphere of normalacy instead of league great. What is known to be a weakness for each of our guys is being exploited by the last couple of opponents. Nothing Brett Clark contributes deserves time on ice, dude is a harbinger of bad things to come. Commodore is slower than a constipated turtle, yet he brings something positive to the ice and Clark cannot. Bad spacing all night long and Tic looked like potential not accomplished in goal last night. Playing bad for an extended home stay could make for a summer of negativity that wears rough.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
...spreading ice time around more democratically should help.
Because the way they're doing it now is...undemocratic?

That prompts an interesting question: How should ice time be "distributed"--democratically, or the opposite, based on individual merits?
Horrible policy and countless scandals cost you a historic beatdown at the polls? That can mean only one thing: not enough "stupid voters". ˇNo problemo! Just pop down south to the Democrat store, and pick you up a few million more.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
I think he still has huge vision problems from the injury. That last report that I read said that his peripheral vision has never recovered. That could easily account for the 3 offside (one last game, two last night), his problem picking out players, etc. That was a really bad injury. We have always credited Marty's heart. But the fact that he is out there playing doesn't mean that his vision is back to normal.

Last edited by Donnie D; 03-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.